Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everyone is different and not everyone knows well enough about the menopause sym  (Read 861 times)

KarineT

Hi everyone,

The other day I asked my postmenopausal friend if her symptoms had gone.  The only thing she could tell me was that she wasn't sure if she was through yet because sometimes she would wake up feeling warm.  We previously discussed this and when she was peri her symptoms were a bit problematic.  She would feel irritable and have a few hot flushes and that was it.  She said that when she reached menopause she felt much calmer.  I may be wrong but from what I could gather the other day when we spoke. menopause didn't give her too much of a hard time or she didn't want to speak about it.  I felt that, after all, she might not be the right person to discuss this with.  Only those who have similar symptoms to yours will be in a better position to advise you. This goes to show that because we don't all have the same symptoms, there is an a lack of understanding.  Also, not everyone is aware of what menopause can do.  The other day,  I went to a health food shop and asked the lady there if they had something to relieve dizziness. I told her that it was due to menopause as I had so many medical tests done they didn't find anything.  She said that she didn't know dizziness could be one of the symptoms.  I wish people were more knowledgeable.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Similar to most medication conditions.  Every day is a learning curve. 

sheila99

I absolutely agree though I think dizziness is one of the rarer symptoms. My mother's generation didn't talk about it and we aren't taught about in schools so most people are blissfully unaware until it strikes. It could save a lot of anguish and sometimes years of suffering. My daughter is fully aware having been on the receiving end of my bad temper. When her time comes at least she'll know what it is.