Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An article that says symptoms can linger for a lifetime  (Read 2129 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: An article that says symptoms can linger for a lifetime
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 04:12:57 PM »

12 months since the last bleed is considered on the way to menopause (cessation of periods). Some ladies however get caught out as the ovaries have a final fling!  Any bleed after 12-15 months without a period should be checked by a GP.  Mine waxed.  And waned.  Came and went.  Then  :o gone ...........

Apart from VA I have been fine, any joint aches and pains is usually self inflicted [? are usually  :-\ ] and treated with 'nurofen' successfully.  Sciatica is relieved by a brisk walk on hard surfaces.

Do make sure that you sit correctly, wear suitable footwear etc. etc. etc.  ;)

KarineT

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 10:58:32 AM »

CLKD,  how often did your periods come and go like this?  Did you have, for example, no periods for six months at a time and they came back?  If so,  how many times did this happen?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 11:15:11 AM »

For 3-4 years over all.  Miss a few bleeds.  Then a succession of 'on time' periods, normal flow without the dreadful pain. Then a gap. Which varied.  I was nursing 4 sick pets at the time so didn't really notice until ........ nowt.

I knew it was The Change so it never bothered me. 

Pages: 1 [2]