Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel bleeding.  (Read 951 times)

starbuckfan

Evorel bleeding.
« on: May 26, 2020, 09:58:45 AM »

Hello everyone

I've been having spotting on and off so CE swapping to Evorel patches. Scan showed 3.5 thickness of womb lining. Consultant said come off HRT or have Mirena fitted and hysteroscopy today, after my appointment. Previously, this couldn't be done without an anaesthetic., as difficult to insert.I was too scared to agree to that. Now face 2 weeks Quarrentine before having it done as a day patient. I don't want to have it done at all. Any similar experience s ?

Katejo

Re: Evorel bleeding.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 04:47:08 PM »

How long have you been on Evorel patches? Are they Conti or Sequi (post or pre menopause)?   Some bleeding is normal during the 1st 6 months of Conti. I am waiting for the result of a hysteroscopy later this week. I was offered Mirena but don't like the idea at all. My bleeding gradually reduced to a tiny amount over several months so I am hoping it will now stop completely.

starbuckfan

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 05:17:03 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I've been on them since January. I've had 2 hysteroscopys before, both under general anaesthetic, which had good results. The bleeding then was a result of stress, I believe. Did you have yours done whilst still awake and how did it go? I'm not keen on having it done with a general anaesthetic, due to the Covid risk and 2 weeks isolation.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I've been on them since January. I've had 2 hysteroscopys before, both under general anaesthetic, which had good results. The bleeding then was a result of stress, I believe. Did you have yours done whilst still awake and how did it go? I'm not keen on having it done with a general anaesthetic, due to the Covid risk and 2 weeks isolation.
  Do you mean that you are required to do 2 weeks isolation before the hysteroscopy? I was given a Covid test during the pre op on a Tuesday and had the hysteroscopy on thursday just 2 days later. No 2 week isolation needed.
I tried to have it done in February under local but the biopsy bit was too painful.  My cervix was too tight. They did check for polyps and fibroids then but I had to go back for the biopsy. It would have happened in March but got delayed due to Corona.

starbuckfan

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »

Thanks. That's really helpful. I thought it would be easier to have a covid test. I'll see if that's possible. I'm on the Conti version, I'm 67. I was taken aback by the Consultants attitude. She was very pushy about the Mirena. I've tried it twice and didn't get on with it!

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 08:18:50 PM »

Thanks. That's really helpful. I thought it would be easier to have a covid test. I'll see if that's possible. I'm on the Conti version, I'm 67. I was taken aback by the Consultants attitude. She was very pushy about the Mirena. I've tried it twice and didn't get on with it!
I was offered a Mirena coil to be fitted during the hysteroscopy but the consultant saw me hesitate and said that she wouldn't do it if I wasn't sure. After my procedure,  she said that my lining was thin and that I could continue with the patches. I am expecting the actual biopsy result on Friday.  I am 57.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »

Hi starbuckfan

If your womb lining is 3.5 mm then I can't understand why you need a hysteroscopy at all because like Katejo says some bleeding is normal for first 6 months and if you've had a scan showing the thickness is OK then why any further investigations? Is this being done on NHS? What have the previous hysteroscopies shown?

I have had a hysteroscopy and biopsy but no way would I have a GA since Ive never had one. I had it done at the main city hospital and just two paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen 1 hour before the procedure. No local anaesthetic offered nor needed. Anyway it was good to see the pic on the screen of the inside of my womb! I was also offered a Mirena at the same time ie while they were at it ( I was 60 at the time) but I politely declined! Noone should try to force anything like that on you!

I mean at your age maybe good to accept any investigations going after all, unless you're having it done provately, we don't have to pay so good to have piece of mind. However if it involves a GA I consider that overkill for what is really a small procedure. I would ask what  is the rationale for needing this done eg did they find abnormailites on the scan or have you perhaps had fibroids, polyps, or endometriosis in the past, or even hyperplasia ref the previous hysteroscopies?

You can have a Covid test. Anyone can now, and everyone over 65 has been able to do so for a few weeks even if no symptoms. You just go to the NHS online I think?

Good luck and let us know the outcome!

Hurdity x

starbuckfan

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 12:10:34 PM »

Hurdity
Thanks so much for your reply. My previous investigations have shown all ok. I had a general because they couldn't do it whilst I was awake. Wouldn't go in.
I agree, 3.5 is good. I asked the consultant if the bleeding was actually a problem in any way and she said no but you'll just end up here again!  Hospital rang with pre op questions today and I do have to isolate for 2 weeks. Can't just have a Covid test beforehand .Furloughed from job but volunteering and that's keeping me sane. Was referred to Meno clinic in Feb and think id rather wait to go there before having an op .Will consult G P but think I might cancel and see what happens.
So good to get support on here. I felt really bullied by the consultant.
Best wishes.
Marilyn

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »

Hurdity
Thanks so much for your reply. My previous investigations have shown all ok. I had a general because they couldn't do it whilst I was awake. Wouldn't go in.
I agree, 3.5 is good. I asked the consultant if the bleeding was actually a problem in any way and she said no but you'll just end up here again!  Hospital rang with pre op questions today and I do have to isolate for 2 weeks. Can't just have a Covid test beforehand .Furloughed from job but volunteering and that's keeping me sane. Was referred to Meno clinic in Feb and think id rather wait to go there before having an op .Will consult G P but think I might cancel and see what happens.
So good to get support on here. I felt really bullied by the consultant.
Best wishes.
Marilyn
At the point when I queried the need for a biopsy when my lining was 5.5 mm. , I was told that it was necessary for a lining over 1.5 mm. That surprised me a lot but that was when I had had bleeding past the 6 month point which you haven't  yet reached. In your position I would be reluctant to have it done particularly with the 2 week isolation requirement as well.