Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti & bleeding  (Read 1578 times)

hwils

Evorel Conti & bleeding
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:39:06 PM »

Hi, hope everyone's well & surviving lockdown, which will be lifted a little for us in Scotland next week.
I started Evorel Conti patches during lockdown as I was working from home. After a month or so was really pleased with the results- flushes mostly disappeared, felt much calmer - even during lockdown-, no joint pains and sleeping better. However I stopped using them when I started bleeding although it was only a little. I haven't had periods for 18 months but found latterly when I was having a period had difficulty controlling my bladder before & during period. I felt that with bleeding returning so was this awful problem & worse than ever,  whereas for a long time it had been fine  :'(  just couldn't face it. I found that a wk after removing the patch things were back to normal, however now I have panicky feelings returning, hot flushes & joint pains worse also. I really don't know what to do.  :( Perhaps if the bleeding was short lived things might have improved but I realise it could have gone on for months. I also read regarding bleeding with HRT that it's less likely to happen the further  into menopause you are.
I'd appreciate any advice really regarding how long the bleeding may last or anything else that may help particularly joint pains. I don't really want to go to drs yet. Thanks  :)

Hotscotgirl

• First Flush
Re: Evorel Conti & bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:23:37 PM »

Hi there
I'm on evorel conti and hav been for about 6months I get a little bleed now n again. Initially before I went on it I hadn't had a period in 2 years so a bit fed up. Told my gp and shes now arranged for me to hav scan on 3rd june.
Poss speak to your gp xx

hwils

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 06:57:33 AM »

Thanks I think I will  :)

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 02:30:33 PM »

Thanks I think I will  :)
    I started Evorel Conti a year ago after 5 years post meno. I was told by the Meno clinic that bleeding was perfectly normal during the 1st 6 months and not to worry about it. If it continues beyond 6 months, the NHS has a red marker on it which requires a vaginal scan and possibly a hysteroscopy which I have just had.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 02:35:30 PM »

I changed to evorel conti 3 months ago and have had quite a bit of bleeding. Initially very heavy and then a couple of weeks later like a light period which was repeated a a few weeks later. I had 3 bleed free weeks and have now been spotting for a week. I'm perservering for now as apart from the bleeding I have been feeling quire well. I think as Katejo says maybe give it 6 months, if it helps with other symptoms.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »

I changed to evorel conti 3 months ago and have had quite a bit of bleeding. Initially very heavy and then a couple of weeks later like a light period which was repeated a a few weeks later. I had 3 bleed free weeks and have now been spotting for a week. I'm perservering for now as apart from the bleeding I have been feeling quire well. I think as Katejo says maybe give it 6 months, if it helps with other symptoms.

I read a medical study kindly sent to me by another MM member which said that actually bleeding was normal for up to a year and that 8-9 women in every 10 found that it stopped by 12 months. I mentioned this to the consultant when she wanted me to have the biopsy. She knew of the research but said that the NHS still insisted on a scan after 6 months. In the last 2 months my bleeding has reduced to a tiny dribble, barely needing a pad at all. I am hoping that I won't get any in June.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 10:37:27 AM »

That's interesting Katejo, fingers crossed. I've had a really bad week, after extolling the virtues of evorel conti, I had a frightening silent migraine on Tuesday and a pounding headache today, waking me at 3.00am. Feel like one step forward and two steps back! It may not be related to the HRT, (I hope) maybe hayfever as the pollen levels are high and I went for a walk in the woods in the early evening yesterday.

robotwars

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 08:17:33 PM »

Ive been on evorel conti for 4 months, fine to begin with but the last month I have had heavy bleeding 3 times, mentioned it to my GP and I now have a scan on Monday, hoping they don't stop them as I feel better on them but fed up bleeding!!! I come on so heavy for 2/3 days,  dreading the scan as I came on again today so looks like I will be on for scan!!!!!!

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 10:27:48 PM »

Ive been on evorel conti for 4 months, fine to begin with but the last month I have had heavy bleeding 3 times, mentioned it to my GP and I now have a scan on Monday, hoping they don't stop them as I feel better on them but fed up bleeding!!! I come on so heavy for 2/3 days,  dreading the scan as I came on again today so looks like I will be on for scan!!!!!!
My bleeding started after 3 months on full patches. It has gradually got lighter since but has returned a bit in the last couple of days.