Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: UTI Complications  (Read 575 times)

rhandyside66

UTI Complications
« on: May 24, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »

I have just got over a stubborn UTI after two courses of anti biotics. My latest test results said I was clear, however I am still feeling discomfort 'down there,' weeing frequently (doesn't hurt), and there is a pink smear when I wipe, I'm very careful about hygiene so I can't help worrying. Anyone else experienced anything similar?  :-\

westie

Re: UTI Complications
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 08:15:34 PM »

Hi

Sounds to me like you could have Vaginal Atrophy which often causes nasty UTI's. A few years back I kept getting them and doc kept dishing out anti bios, never once mentioned VA. Did my own research, got myself some treatment in the form of local estrogen and haven't had a UTI since.

There are a lot of threads on here about VA symptoms and causes. Type it into the search box and you?ll get loads of info.

Hope this helps

W xx

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 08:28:36 PM »

I have just got over a stubborn UTI after two courses of anti biotics. My latest test results said I was clear, however I am still feeling discomfort 'down there,' weeing frequently (doesn't hurt), and there is a pink smear when I wipe, I'm very careful about hygiene so I can't help worrying. Anyone else experienced anything similar?  :-\
  My experience is very similar to Westie's. I was blamed by nurses/GP'S for not drinking enough or being careless when wiping when the cause was reduced oestrogen. Vagifem pessaries did the job for me initially and later I added Evorel Conti patches. I am free of UTI's now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 09:13:34 AM »

Yep.  Your GP should have considered vaginal atrophy!!!  Do read the threads on the forum and buy a copy of 'Me and my Menopausal Vagina' ;-).  It's a common menopause symptom which GPs still seem to be lacking in awareness  :-\

In the mean time take 'nurofen' 3 times a day which may ease the need to pee.  It relaxes the spincter.