Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Change from Evorel 50 To Evorel Conti  (Read 2738 times)

MumsTheWord62

Change from Evorel 50 To Evorel Conti
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:08:29 AM »

Hi, I've been taking evorel 50 for a good few years without any problems. I also have a Mirena coil which I've had for 5 years now and is due to be removed. With the current coronavirus situation the dr has suggested just leaving it for now and give me progesterone, she's prescribed Evorel Conti. Yesterday was day 1 of the patch and I'm not feeling too good. Could be a coincidence, but I feel tired, achey and jittery. Also not had blood pressure taken in a while.  Just seeing if anyone else had experienced problems when changing. I'm almost 58 and not sure whether the way forward would be to get another Mirena coil fitted and go back to my Evorel 50. I'm not sure the dr has an awful lot of knowledge on hrt so I'm a bit stuck. Thank you.

sheila99

Re: Change from Evorel 50 To Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:48:55 AM »

It may be that you don't get on with the progesterone in the conti patch. If you don't you could try a different progestin such as utrogeston. As you know you're fine with mirena it might be best to have a new one. They can't keep delaying everything, this virus will be around for a long time  :(. You could try using anything new on a cycle rather than conti, it means you'll have a bleed but you'll know if it's the progesterone phase that makes you feel bad.

MumsTheWord62

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 02:10:57 PM »

Thank you. I'm going to give it the weekend and see how I feel by Monday then maybe contact the doctor again. I'm feeling so emotional today aswell. Could burst into tears for no reason.
Utrogestan, is that a gel or tablet? 

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 03:12:29 PM »

It's a soft capsule that can be used orally or vaginally. Ifyou look at the Treatments tab from the menu you can see the progesterone options.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:15:11 PM by sheila99 »

MumsTheWord62

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »

I will do.  Thank you