Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13072 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2020, 09:20:15 AM »

Brings to mind 1932 onwards  :-\ .......... and unless everyone is watching every one else, we can't know if the Police have visited/not.  We have traffic along our cul-de-sac all day long, I might lift my head as I'm expecting a delivery.

Your MP at least should have replied, they are, after all, working from home with probably not much to do  ::).  I HATE noise. [we have a thread about that too]

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

The MP did reply once only to tell me that the authorities are busy and did I throughly know the circumstances! Well as they are my next t door neighbour, then yes I do.

The MP hasn't replied when I emailed and the problem had escalated. Waste of time.

Eff em all now, they can get on with it. I've done my bit and reported it.

Penguin99

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »

[quote

Not sure about reporting breaches.  Not only because I don't think it works but it just doesn't sit right with me.
[/quote]

Hi, Under normal circumstances it doesn't bother me what people do, but this is killing people. Some people are not bothered whether they get it or not, others, like myself, have vulnerable people to protect. It just amazes me how some people are so ignorant.  Some have said they will be ok because they have no underlying conditions,  but some people don't know they have conditions and it's unfortunately too late when they find out. :-\
 As you can tell I feel very strongly about this & I wouldn't hesitate to report someone if they were behaving the way chihuahuachicks neighbours are. I have seen people with visitors where I live but nothing like what she is experiencing.
I just hope that this awful virus will be over with soon, unfortunately it will take a while, and longer when people just do as they please.
Chihuahuachick : I'm sorry you didn't sleep very well last night, it's hard to ignore something when it annoys / upsets you so much. Just keep looking after yourself. :foryou:
Stay safe everyone

Sparrow

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2020, 12:46:36 PM »

Each to their own Penguin.

How I see it is that it's not always easy to assess the situation correctly.  The police certainly don't get it right and people, including key worker, have been wrongful accused.

Penguin99

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 02:01:03 PM »

Hi, I absolutely agree that workers have been wrongfully accused ( I'm a key worker).  I've never experienced this feeling before, I can't help but feel so strongly about it,  I don't normally tend to let things get to me but this really has  :-\
I just wish this was all over, so many people dying, so sad :'(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »

Reporting neighbours killed others in the 1930s onwards  :-\:'( which is why reporting doesn't sit easily.  We are not here to Police others, we pay 'them' to do that.  Once the authorities have been told ....... they may already be on a Police 'alert list'! 

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »

Penguine99, thank you for your continued support on this.

I have had so much trouble from this landlords tenants over the last 8 years. They are horrible.

But I have to just draw a line under it all now. Let them get on with it.

This woman moved out once, she did damage to the house. And they let her back in after another weird tennant!

The landlord gets people in that he knows!!!! They are like him, not very nice!

It just goes to show what the world has come to. Nobody cares even with a killer virus around.

I shall carry on being a good neighbour. Sweeping up the parking area/s and tidying up outside. It's great exercise and keeps the place looking nice.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2020, 11:21:11 AM »

Keeping a distance and hand washing with hot water and plenty of soap works.  Make sure that you take care of you !   :tulips2:  ......... if you see them headed in your direction, go indoors ;-)

Tc

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »

My sister is a key worker and has been issued with a card to carry and one for her car.

The people you describe are COVIDIOTS. Theres plenty round here. Went shopping Monday and the pavements were full. Distancing impossible. Standing around in groups. I  saw ppl hugging "havent seen you for ages" etc..I saw a young girl lift an elderly man's mask and kiss him!!!!  I couldnt believe my eyes. !!!

The rule breakers have got away with it purely because the majority of us have kept to the rules..they havent spread it because most of us have been indoors.   Now more ppl.are out and about these idiots are going to make it a dangerous place for everyone else.  >:(.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »

Seems they have no idea!  We've got this far and should continue to distance ?  Trying to explain to my Mum though is proving difficult  :-\

Tc

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2020, 05:22:32 PM »

:bighug:  clkd. I wish I had the answer to that.  Xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2020, 05:31:45 PM »

:rofl:  the Carer told me earlier today that all the residents have had C-19 explained to them  ............  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2020, 07:57:04 PM »

I object to funerals being made a scape goat for C-19.  But mourners are still being charged the full whack!  It's Council driven, not allowing cremations - some are taking the coffins directly into the ovens, not allowing them to go into the crematorium itself! WTF.  However, one Director has over 400 deceased waiting for when lockdown allows proper services again.

If people keep apart from each other, what's the harm? 

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2020, 11:05:54 AM »

His trip, which involved flying via the US and driving from London, has been criticised by the SNP's Westminster leader Ian Blackford, who is the MP for the island, and Skye's MSP Kate Forbes.

English-born Gaiman said he had "panicked" at the thought of being stuck in New Zealand while all his upcoming work was in the UK. He said he followed advice on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's website for UK nationals to return home from abroad "where and while commercial routes" were available.

However, he said police on Skye said he should have stayed where he was safe in New Zealand. Gaiman said: "I agreed that yes, all things considered, I should."

So questions should be asked in Parliament?   How did this guy a) leave NZ on a plane without being asked the reason for his journey?  b) how did he enter and leave the US?  c) why wasn't he checked through UK to make sure his journey was essential?  d) how was he not stopped between London and Skye  :argue:

Last week a man was fined for travelling from Glasgow to Stoke to buy a puppy ....... go figure  >:(

Machair

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 03:59:37 PM »

I absolutely feel devastated when I see people breaking the rules as I do everyday from my house. It is making me so mad. People having friends round and bending rules all the time.
My daughter is a vet and the other is a wholefood shop manager and together they are on the front line of this outbreak risking their lives everyday. The same people who break the rules in my street clap for the NHS on Thursdays. Meanwhile those of us who follow the rules are lonely but are actually seeing the bigger picture, the one that saves lives.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10