Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13076 times)

Rosie63

Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2020, 08:17:16 PM »

Just to add my two penn'th, I think DC should do the decent thing and go.  I also think most decent people will carry on following rules as they know what they need to do if we?re ever to get out of this nightmare situation ! However, I think the numbskulls who already break the rules will take this as a green light to carry on doing exactly what they want to do without any regard for their own or other people's safety !!

What I don't agree with is the way the journalists are hounding him, being right in his face outside his home and with people who think it's acceptable to threaten with violence.  I thought we were supposed to be a civilised society ! Haven't we learnt anything from what happened to Princess Diana and we all know how that ended !!

Rosie x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »

Those journalists probably weren't born when Diana died.

However: it is easy to break distancing ......... I forgot last night for 5 mins. and am filled with remorse  :'(.

jaypo

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2020, 02:56:52 PM »

I don't think you can catch it from standing too close to someone,the distancing is just in case someone sneezes or coughs over you

Ju Ju

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2020, 06:20:18 PM »

Well apparently I'm a rule breaker. I sat on my daughter's lawn for an hour, several metres away from her and even further from my grandson who was bouncing on a space hopper. We went by car, after DH collected my prescription and did not go in the house. I don't see that's any different to keeping social distance if going for a walk. I've been advised to shield, but I do go for walks as I live where it is safe to do so. It is noticeable that my peak flow readings improve if I do walk. it's a matter of common sense and not putting yourself in danger or other people.

CrispyChick

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2020, 08:39:36 PM »

I agree with Rosie. Whatever someone has done, the press should not be hounding like this. It was only a few months ago that poor Caroline Flack took her own life. Everyone has a breaking point.  :(

jaypo

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2020, 07:10:44 AM »

Hey Teresa,I?ll come see you and you can shout out your window at me  ;D possibly saying...if you don't b@#ger offf I'm calling the police  ;D

Kathleen

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2020, 08:29:59 AM »

Hello ladies

After seeing pictures of the beaches etc  we can expect a rise in  COVID cases in the next few weeks.

I will continue to social distance until I feel it is safe to do otherwise and only listen to the opinions of people I respect.

Take care everyone.

K.

Sparrow

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2020, 09:19:35 AM »

The greatest risk is said to be from enclosed indoor spaces and family groups.  The transmission in outside spaces is very low.  Therefore you are more at risk doing a supermarket shop than the beach.

We went to Rye Harbour yesterday.  The car park was only a quarter full.  We had a picnic on the beach, where there were only a few scattered families, and a walk around the nature reserve.  I don't think we came within 5 metres of anyone, let alone 2.  To be honest it was safer than our local walk.

Just thought I'd add the link for anyone who may want to visit, in the future.  It's a lovey place.

https://sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/visit/rye-harbour
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:42:30 AM by Shadyglade »

Two hoots

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2020, 09:31:04 AM »

I'm really getting stir crazy now, the only time I've left the house in 10 weeks is to go for short walks from the house or shopping  :-\ I have to wait until Friday to see if any restrictions are lifted. Our parks are still locked and the car park at the beach is closed with barriers. What the government here needs to realise is that if we dont get any freedom soon people will take it into their own hands, the roads are very busy again unlike in April  :(

Thank god I have a garden  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2020, 09:45:38 AM »

Hello again ladies.

I think people are getting very upset and frustrated now which is understandable.

I read a story about the Spanish Flu epidemic in America. In San Francisco everyone was told  to Lockdown but after six weeks people started to leave their homes regardless of the dangers because they were so tired of feeling trapped in their homes.

Hopefully the easing of our Lockdown will go well and we can all start to feel better about the future.

Wishing everyone well.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »

You haven't got a gun have you Teresa  ;D ;D
Yep TH I've done the same,my once a week shop and go the same walk every day for weeks,it's becoming tedious now but what can you do  :(

Two hoots

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »

I can moan on here  ;D Jaypo

The countries that have eased lockdown already are not seeing any second surge in cases at the moment,  hope its a good sign and same trend happens here  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »

I can moan on here  ;D Jaypo

The countries that have eased lockdown already are not seeing any second surge in cases at the moment,  hope its a good sign and same trend happens here  :)

Yes, that is promising TH.

Just had a call from our dentist.  We had hygiene and dentist appointments for early June which have now been cancelled. 

Re-booked for OCTOBER.  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2020, 03:31:46 PM »

< creeping in >  :-[

I stood too close to our neighbours on Monday evening  :-\.  Simply forgot about distancing.  I wasn't worried about exchanging of germs [although if anyone coughed or said they felt sick, I would be running for the hills]. But the fact that I didn't stick to the Rules.  I felt a complete hypocrite ......... but the neighbour hadn't even realised, when I apologised this morning. 

I've been wearing a hair shirt since. 

Those photos of the beaches were probably staged, i.e. shot with a long lens which would make people appear closer.  Certainly the live web cams around the coast haven't shown such closeness. 

We love Rye  ;)

Two hoots

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »

Its only happened to me once, in Tesco a man shoved his way through, going the wrong way up the isle. It was quite disturbing that he had no idea of keeping away from people, I do feel supermarkets need staff inside to keep more order its become a free for all now  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10