Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Going off tea???  (Read 1650 times)

Jeepers

Going off tea???
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:40:51 AM »

Hi

I have had a lot of gastric problems in the last year (well documented on here!).  but since the latest episode, I've found that I can no longer drink tea like I used to.  I loved my cups of tea (mostly decaff), but just lately, I haven't really enjoyed it, and sometimes it even makes me feel faintly nauseous after I've drunk it.

Has anyone else had this happen? 

Its so odd

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Going off tea???
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 12:03:28 PM »

HORMONES!

I have weak black T with 2 sugars.  The 1st one of the morning is lovely, as the day goes by my taste buds alter and by mid-afternoon, tea is foul.  Also when I drink too many or drinking it too quickly, I get very nauseous.

I haven't been able to tolerate coffee for years as it makes me feel really sick.  Hopefully I will be able to continue to drink chocolate!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 02:10:51 PM »

Have you tried herbal tea? No experience like yours but just wondered if something a bit milder may suit you better. I drink gallons of tea, I don't know what I'd drink without it (not keen on herbal).

Barnacle

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:18:26 PM »

I couldn't stomach tea when i was pregnant with both of my DC's. I put it down to hormones, but who knows! I don't drink much now, but coffee on the other hand.....

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 03:08:09 PM »

Me neither barnacle,couldn't stand the smell of the stuff,or coffee,so jeepers,hormones it is  ???

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 04:45:32 PM »

HORMONES  ::).  I can smell things sometimes too and to me I smell but DH doesn't notice.

Jeepers

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 07:16:55 AM »

Thanks for all of your replies ladies.

When I was pregnant, I couldn't have anything with milk in, I used to drink lemon tea and occasionally black coffee. I might cut out dairy products and see if things improve.

Hi birdy   :) ... I'm a bit better with my anxiety, although a doctor once told me that ancpxiety is like a camp fire. Even when the flames are out, it is smouldering hot rocks just under the surface. So even though I feel better, it could be still causing things

Jeepers xx

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »

Yep,anxiety is always there waiting to pounce   :'(  I've been free of it for a while but every now and again it pops it's annoying head up  >:(

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 10:23:17 AM »

Hello ladies.

Jeepers - I wonder if you are reacting to the naturally occuring oestrogens in cows milk? There are plenty of plant based milks available to try as an alternative.

Wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 12:06:18 PM »

Hormones ;-)

I've had this for about 5 years ........... sometimes I can smell stinks in the house but DH doesn't, sometimes food that I have eaten for weeks suddenly 'turns'.