Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gallbladder pain .. advice please  (Read 7657 times)

Nellie Noo

Gallbladder pain .. advice please
« on: May 01, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »

Hi ladies ... have had the worse reflux in the last month . Struggled with it for years but really bad recently . I Put it down to all the stress of whats going on ...but in the last few weeks ive had really bad pain in my right upper side that radiates to my back . Had bloods done at the gps last week liver function looks fine . My doctor says he is still going to refer me for a scan . I can barely lie on my right side at night its so sore . My anxiety has hit the roof ! Im constantly burping and in pain . Anybody had gallbladder issues ? Does this sound like it could be that ? So worried . Really don't want to go near a hospital at the moment . X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gallbladder pain .. advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »

What did the GP suggest is the cause?  Surely he didn't simply tell you he would send you for a scan without some explanation  :-\. If you are in pain then you need to go to Hospital.  Depts need patients to attend to show that they are required ...... it's all C-19 and all other specialities have been forgotten  :'(

Did the GP suggest any pain relief?

Nellie Noo

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 07:42:15 PM »

Hi CLKD
Doctor thought it could possibly be gallstones, hence the scan . And I'm horrified to read that gallbladder problems can be due to hrt . Its listed as a side effect on my oestrogen gel info . Would have thought that the bloods would have shown inflammation on the liver but they were fine ??? So worried ... in case its something else x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:44:11 PM »

Information has to mention everything that might happen.  I wouldn't think that gel would affect any organs whereas anything by mouth might well do.

Maybe put gallbladder into the search box?

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 07:47:08 PM »

Thank you

Penguin99

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »

Hi Nellie, did your doctor check you for coeliac disease? The reason I say this is my son 20 at the time,  had really bad reflux for around 18 months, i said it's just reflux and bought him indigestion tablets, then he started to be sick after eating, so i took him to docs, doc asked if there's Irish in the family ( no idea why) he said yes my nan ( my mum) doc then said he'd check for coeliac disease.  Which it is. He still gets reflux a bit but not as much as before , he has been diagnosed with reflux as well as coeliac. He never got bad pains in his side though. I don't want to worry you I just thought I'd mention it as it was my sons first symptom.  I'm not saying you have it either, just wanted to let you know.
Hope you feel better soon xx  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 08:14:30 PM »

I had very similar symptoms Nellie, and both my GP and myself thought it was gallstones.  Turned out to be a kidney infection.

You can never be sure until you have had the scan.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »

Thank you ladies ... much appreciated The problem was ...it literally was a phone call to the doctor, and he listened to my symptoms over the phone  and bloods taken the next day at the surgery .so no examination as such. Looks like i will have to go for the scan as much as i really dont want to at the moment but im not going to get peace of mind until i know. I will take on board what you have both said . Thank you so much x

Penguin99

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 08:47:58 PM »

Hi, try not to worry too much about going to the hospital. I had to go for an emergency x-ray the other week. Appointment for 3 o'clock,  I was there at 10 to 3, changed into gown  x-ray done and out by 3: 05. Departments are empty. Xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 09:06:42 PM »

They usually check all your abdominal organs, so it is worth going to the scan whatever it is.

I am glad that you are getting the scan - I thought it might have been one of the things that they were putting on hold.

All my family have gallbladder problems (or rather don't now) so I feel like a ticking time bomb.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 09:38:29 PM »

Thank you ladies .. for taking the time to reply . Xx
I cant lie , am in pain and worried but i appreciate all the comments xx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 08:50:38 AM »

Ring a Pharmacist to get advice on pain relief?  How long will you have to wait for the scan, maybe ring the Dept to find out?

dahliagirl

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 09:03:20 AM »

Yes - pharmacists definitely worth talking to.  They know the full arsenal of pain relief available otc (some of them seem to have ideas about how to combine them too) , and ours has been known to ring the doctor's to get a prescription sorted too.

My mother in law had severe pain in that area and used to sleep semi-prone with a pile of pillows (the V shaped ones are useful as pillow no2 for stability).  Also a reclining chair for naps.

You could try a very low fat diet while you wait, but that does not prevent gall bladder problems.  The surgeon told my brother that gall bladder problems are largely what you inherit.

daisie

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 01:21:14 PM »

hi nelli noo .i had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago ,i suffered terrible pain for a long time just like you have described i couldnt stand it any longer i called a doctor out she told me do i need an ambulance she was getting worried my pain was so severe my temperature was high got me straight into hospital was put on a drip of fluids also had to pump antibioics into me , i was sent for a scan next day i had got gallstone also my gallbladder was infected pain slowed down so sent m home next day to return 2 weeks later for a gallbladder removal .thank god .no more pain

Nellie Noo

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 08:53:35 PM »

Thank you Daisie and Dahliagirl
.. had a terrible day today .. just dont want to eat, as everything i do , causes pain or gas. I actually have gone from really not wanting to go near a hospital, to now wanting to know for sure what it is . Your experience sounds awful Daisie. But glad you got it resolved. Ive just read how common gallbladder problems are ... 1 in 4 women . Wow x
Pages: [1] 2 3