Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Nightingale Hospitals  (Read 6174 times)

Sparrow

Re: Nightingale Hospitals
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2020, 08:08:54 AM »

That sounds sensible to me.  Sending infected people home, particularly to care homes is not ideal.  Especially as care home staff in particular, seem to have problems obtaining PPE.  It's as much about protecting the uninfected as treating the already ill.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:11:58 AM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2020, 08:26:55 AM »

I have pointed out previously: my sister ordered PPE in November, it arrived on Thursday of last week.  Because the Care Sector is out-bid by those with more money.

I did begin a thread about keeping people safe to avoid this 1 becoming muddled.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2020, 08:45:54 AM »

:thankyou: ............

Kathleen

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 03:26:05 PM »

Hello ladies.

A friend of my sons is a young nurse who has transferred to the Nightingale hospital in London. She was based in a GP surgery in Cambridgeshire and I think she volunteered to go.  The nurses have been  allocated a room in a nearby hotel and will work 12 hour shifts for six weeks. They will then be offered counselling if needed.  Her family are very worried about her but she is a very caring young lady is  keen to do her bit. My son thinks she deserves a medal for what she is taking on and I agree with him. So many people are  doing inspiring and heroic things and I hope they know how proud we are of them all.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »

I think that she is in the safest place.  Those working there should be provided with full PPE when required   ........   apparently the Government has been counting a single glove as 1 item  >:(  :-\

At the very least she can sit by a dying person if the relatives are unable to do so.

Sparrow

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 08:43:18 AM »

I have read on the BBC website, that during the daily update yesterday, a member of the public put a question about the Nightingales being made available for Covid positive care home residents.  The answer was that the usage of the Nightingales was under constant review.

Not a yes, but not a no then.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »

That's a 'no'.   Where will the staff suddenly appear from  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 09:21:56 AM »

I suppose the staff that are already there, with nothing to do at the moment.

At the moment Covid positive residents are usually sent back to the care home, thus risking infecting care home staff and other residents.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:23:48 AM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 09:27:58 AM »

Which is probably how it became rampant in the the Care Sector - because 'they' decided to ship out all patients from Hospitals in the direction of Care Homes .......... if patients didn't have a home to go to or were too frail they should have remained in Hospital.  It was so early that testing hadn't been considered and many Managers refused to take patients from Hospitals.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »

Wales' biggest hospital has accepted its first 12 patients.

The temporary 2,000-bed Dragon's Heart Hospital, inside the Principality Stadium, aims to ease the pressure on the NHS amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The field hospital, which was opened by Prince Charles last week, is the second biggest in the UK behind London's Nightingale hospital.

Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (CAVUHB) said more patients would be admitted later this week.

The health board said patients were being transferred from University Hospital of Wales (UHW) and University Hospital Llandough, both in Cardiff.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:52 PM »

NHS Nightingale hospitals in Manchester, Sunderland and Harrogate are being asked to get ready to take patients.

Government advisers say admissions are rising, with more elderly people needing urgent treatment for Covid.

More people are now in hospital with Covid than before restrictions were announced in March.

Shouldn't these have been used for NHS consults etc.? leaving hospital beds available for spikes?   :-\. ? Does the NHS have enough Staff anyway?

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2020, 05:36:45 PM »

I take your point but that could have been overcome.  Referral letter from GP, consultant's secretary fishes out appropriate records to download on2 a laptop?  It could be the same with C-19 admissions anyway  :-\ many will have conditions that could make a difference to how they are treated. 

The idea was that all records were held to be accessible from any medical point across the UK. That was the idea but in some areas it didn't work  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2020, 08:13:00 AM »

Which is why the idea of the same computer programmes across the Health Service was muted .......... so that anywhere in the UK notes could be found on line.

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »

Probably not - but for initial consultations 1 could then go the General Hospital for any X-rays etc., anything to cut waiting times. 

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »

R unlikely to be staffed due to lack of personnel.  Apparently [The Sunday Times] the UK government took the model from Italy - but didn't realise or ignored the face that extra hospitals were built but were morgues  :-\

R unlikely to be staffed due to current personnel being unavailable: about 30,000 according to the above paper because of illness, retirement, off duty due to connections with C-19. One cannot drag people off the street to man ITU ! 

Apparently each person treated in a Nightingale has cost the NHS £M1 each.  The beds have ventilators but there aren't staff to use them, patients requiring intense treatments need specific meds as well as ventilation. 

? lip service ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4