Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi from new member!  (Read 694 times)

Cass101

Hi from new member!
« on: April 24, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie & have been reading lots of helpful information on here already! I wonder if anyone can throw any light on my problem. I am 59 & am currently on my 3rd mirena coil. This was originally for extremely heavy periods & sorted that problem out. Around 6 or 7 years ago I started getting flushes etc, so was obviously starting on the menopause path. The doctor put me on oestrogen only pills, Elleste Solo, to work alongside the mirena & this seemed to work fine.  I hadn't had a period at all for maybe 4 or 5 years, & then almost exactly a year ago I had a sort of period, very light & really just brown spotting, which lasted a couple of weeks. I did go to the doctor, who sent me for a transvaginal scan. Everything looked perfectly normal, so they just changed the mirena coil. After that, everything back to normal. However, the same thing has now happened almost exactly a year later! For a couple of weeks I had extremely tender breasts + period like pains & I'm now having another episode of the spotting. As soon as the spotting started my breasts stopped hurting & I felt more "normal", just got cramps along with the spotting. I should also add that I had another transvaginal scan only a few weeks back, due to having stomach cramps, & again this was all normal. I'm not sure what stage of menopause I am now at. Does anyone know what could cause this happening again? I wondered if it may be relevant that I was going through a very stressful & anxious time when this first happened last year. I  was looking after my sister who had an inoperable cancer. She passed away in July last year & since then life has continued to be stressful on many levels. Could this cause hormone issues? I'm so sorry for such a long post!! Thank you for reading/listening & any advice would be greatly appreciated!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi from new member!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 07:07:08 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::). if the scans are 'within normal limits' I wouldn't worry too much.  Your cycle may be over-riding the coil.

I had period type pains for years after my last period . 

Sorry about your sister.  Stress can also cause hormonal upheaval.   :hug:

:welcomemm:

Cass101

Re: Hi from new member!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 07:43:25 PM »

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your reply - it's helped ease my mind a bit. I've been driving myself mad trying to work out what's going on!!