News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: "Zoom"  (Read 3419 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
"Zoom"
« on: April 15, 2020, 08:40:44 PM »

was an iced lolly in my day  ;D but I have been into the kitchen to find DH chatting with 4 friends - each 1 has a box with their photos in, down the R side of his screen and they all waved at me  :o  :D ...........

Anyone else use this regularly?

Taz2

Re: "Zoom"
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 08:58:21 PM »

We've used it as a family recently to keep in touch but my sons all use it at work for meetings etc.

Taz x

Two hoots

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »

Only once, chaos everyone speaking at once  :madeyes: prefer Skype

Salad

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 10:36:11 PM »

I've been using Zoom to keep in contact with a couple of groups of friends.
Tonight was quiz night with one lot and tomorrow is bingo with another lot. The bingo winnings are being donated to the NHS.
I'm starting to prefer it to actually going out to meet them - nothing better than sitting in your jarmies  :D

Salad

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:31:16 AM »

Yeah my son uses it daily for conference calls.  A couple of times I've walked in to take him a cup of coffee and they've all waved to me -  ;D

Reminds me when webcams were all the rage and my husband walked into my daughter's room wearing just his underpants as she was chatting to a friend - she squealed and he laughed  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 08:35:35 AM »

;D

:thankyou:

Tc

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 09:08:31 AM »

Yes. We used it a couple of weeks ago. The boxes with us all in reminded me of the opening of "the Brady bunch".

I've now heard Google duo is better. My friend said she had 18 people on there at once.

Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »

There was a charge after 30 mins free but I believe that has been dropped in order to allow people to remain connected.  DH was on for nearly 2 hours last night ........... I think he 'down loaded' something  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 03:43:40 PM »

Is there a charge for that? My daughter seemed to think there was.I facetime but it uses up a lot of my phone data as I don't have Wi-Fi.
Only a charge if your meetings are longer than a certain length I think. I have now participated in an online dance class and Italian conversation chat. Only used with Wifi