Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estrogel & utrogestan newbie  (Read 3814 times)

0114tw

Estrogel & utrogestan newbie
« on: April 13, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »

Dear All. New to posting and gel/utrogestan combination. Started one month or so ago having tried the pill, elleste duet and then patches. None suited me, in fact the patches made me feel emotionally unstable. Main current symptoms - irritability, some hot flashes that seem to come and go, vaginal itching. I was wondering if anyone has advice on the latter? Do people use a cream? If so what helps? it's not terrible but I could do without it. Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Hurdity

Re: Estrogel & utrogestan newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:22:06 AM »

Hi 0114tw

:welcomemm:

There are lots of threads on vaginal atrophy and treatment and in particular one called the burning club if you go into the private lives section. Also look at posts by Maryjane if you can find them (go to members list. Find her then click on her name. It will show her profile, then it says "show posts" so click on that and they all appear).

You need a regular vaginal oestrogen treatment and maybe also moisturisers in between but I'm not an expert on these. All the vaginal treatments are listed here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

There is also a new one called Intrarosa.

Vag oestrogen treatments need to be used daily for the first 2-3 weeks and then at least twice weekly thereafter, to keep the vaginal tissues healthy. You should get a doc's appointment if possible. I think they are being done by phone at the moment?

Whereabouts in menopause are you ie age, natural cycle, length of periods, flow etc? Presumably you started peri-menopause some while ago if you have alreqady tried various treatments?

There is also a long running thread on Utrogestan and oestrogel (support thrread or group) It's on the front page of this board so do have a look at that too.

Hurdity x

Baby

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »

Hi hurdity. Doc has given me vagifem. I take it in the morning but by afternoon I have severe tummy cramps. Should I carry on.?x

0114tw

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »

Thank you so much for your response to this, Hurdity. Sorry but I did not realise that you had responded. Not very good with forums. I’m 47 and have been perimenopausal for a couple of years. Having periods but my cycle became unpredictable having previously been to the minute. Tiredness is an issue but hard to disentangle from the rest Of life, ie small children and full time social work. The HRT seems to be easing things a bit but my mood is still variable.