Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird "migraine"  (Read 3606 times)

Alicess

Re: Weird "migraine"
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »

Hi Tc,

I suffered from migraines from when I was 14 years old. I used Diana 35 birth control all that time. When I stopped Diane for 3 months I experienced the same headache you describe including vometing. When I started Diane again it went away for a few years. Then, out of the blue, sharp
pain like someone put a knife in my eye. It got worse to  the point when the attacks, as I call them, went on for hours  multiple times a day. And lasting a few months and then vanish completly for 6 months and then they reappeared again. Only triptans and freezing cold rooms helped, nerve- blocks, teeth pulled, nothing worked.
Gyno put me on Yazz, a lower dose birth control and it got worse. Then, after 15 years of CH, my GP prescribed Microgynon 30 and CH and migraine dissapeared completly. I truly don' t want to scare you but I think low estrogen is the reason this happened to me as it came back on HRT (together with all other menopause symptoms).

I'm sorry you have to go through this, wish I could help you in any way.

Big hug,
Alicess

Tc

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 10:30:31 PM »

Hiya Alice.

Thank you. My first proper migraine was at 12.
Around the time I started periods.
May I ask are you saying you switched from pill to HRT and the drop.caused it to come back?   How are yours now?  Corianne said the same as you about triptans. I tried gabapentin years ago but I had a,bad reaction to it.   I try to cope with migraleve. Which has the added anti nausea element.

The strange thing with me is when I went on utrogestan cycle  i was able to identify that the utrogestan triggered them. 

At the moment I've got the pellet implant which seems to have gone rogue.  It should supply a steady dose with little to no fluctuation. I've got mirena which should do the same yet I'm.all over the place  sweats, breast pain one day not the next and then it starts again. . Bleeding one day not the next and then bleeding again. .  I've had 2 weeks of what has felt like the worst PMT ever..and  migraines are back .

Thanks I hope you're o.k. xxx

Alicess

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 06:58:34 AM »

Hi Tc,

While I was on Diana 35 and Yazz  I felt every day of my cycle ike you describe, PMT and migraines, also night sweats and flushing even when I was only in my twenties. Most of the perimenopause symptomps were there. I didn't recognize them as such as I was on the pill so that wasn't possible as my gyno sad.

When I took Microgynon 30 it surpressed my cycle almost completly,most symptoms went away and no more migraines. I still can't figure it out because Diane 35 had a 35 dose estrogen while Microgynon has a 30 dose estrogen. I think my own estrogen and progesterone were lower at that time as I was 48 and maybe because levonorgestrel in Microgynon and Mirena has a less potent progesterone and some androgenic properties. I tried Microgynon 20 but all symptoms came back so it had to be low estrogen.

I also tried carbamazepine, amytriptyline, every kind of anti- depressant and morphine for migraine/ CH but nothing worked.

Urtrogestan is a potent progesterone and has no other properties, unlike progestins, and, very important I think, progesterone has a anti- estrogenic effect . It's possible that's why your migraines are worse on Urtrogestan especially if your estrogen is already low.

Yes, migraines and CH returned almost immediatly on HRT, on patches, gel and oral. I went through the roof on Urtrogestan. And since HRT I also have spotting on a lot of days. I do have the same as you; all over the place with symptoms coming and going but if still coincides with my cycle.I kept a symptoms diary since my first experience with HRT and I have the same symptoms on almost exactly the same days of the month. Migraines when estrogen drops or is low. The pill doesn't surpress my cycle anymore.

I think the pellet just isn' t working for you. And I think Mirena, like every progesterone of progestin should be counteracted by enough estrogen. Otherwise you will have too much side- effects.

Besides the pellet do you take additional estrogen?

Alicess XX

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:09:51 AM by Alicess »

Tc

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »

I was using 2mg sandrena as a top up for a few weeks after bloods showed E was lower than expected for implant.  I stopped it for a 2nd blood test. At the time I'd had an over range T test.  So I stopped that as well.  And I had the idea that since I didnt feel any better on E and T that I wouldnt restart and see how I got on. Silly I  now  think as you cant gauge how you would feel with no HRT while you've got a mirena.

6 weeks now with no top up. .  And I think I'm progesterone heavy. Certainly feels that way.

I so want and feel I need  e.  No ovaries.  Doc said e would be negligible without replacement. And that's potentially a lot of years with severe symptoms.
But  it just doesnt seem worth HRT if  I cant get E raised enough for symptoms and the progesterone part is making me worse.

I so wish  I could get E to a decent level for me. It's got to be the key.  but its been the devils own job.

Thank you xxx

Alicess

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »

I do so understand how you feel. I wish I could help you in anyway. but I' m desperatly in search of answers myself. I hope you will havet a follow-up appointment with C&W so they can investigate futher. They need to....!

Alicess 🌷

Tc

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 08:11:05 PM »

Alice. Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could help you too as I know you are suffering a lot of the same issues.  Some of us are tough cases to crack it seems. 

I'm worried about mentioning the migraines to clinic that they will take me off HRT.  Stroke risk has been mentioned in connection with migraine and I have other risk factors being overweight and smoked for many years. 

Much love xxx
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:40:40 PM by Tc »

Alicess

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 07:27:05 AM »

Tc,  I understand you are worried about telling them about the migraines. I personally would not mention it.  It is still not clear what's causing migraines. It could be low estrogen or progesterone of low or high testosterone. And to me it seems obvious you need more estrogen.

I recently found out that exogenous estradiol can convert to more estrone then estradiol. Estrone has only 4 % of the potency of estradiol and is the predominant oestrogen in postmenopause. It can be converted back to estradiol but maybe that doesn't happen in some women?  I need to investigate futher but maybe you could ask C&W if that could be a cause and if  they could test your estrone levels? Just a thought.

When is your app with C&W?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:14:01 AM by Alicess »

Tc

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »

Thanks Alice xxx
Pages: 1 [2]