Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Increase Eostrogel for flushes?  (Read 568 times)

Hillbilly

Increase Eostrogel for flushes?
« on: April 01, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit more advice please?

I'm currently on oestrogel, 2 pumps, 1 am and 1 PM and immediately my palpitations and head pressure (hot flush?) and pins and needles feeling in my face practically disappeared.

However, after 3 weeks they have returned so I upped my oestrogel to 3 pumps, 2 am and 1 pm hoping this would help. Unfortunately they have got slightly worse and today I had the strongest palpitations and hot flush I've had so far, I actually felt quite shaky and nauseous.

Should the extra estrogen not help with these or have I got it wrong, or does it mean I need more then 3 pumps? I don't really want to bother my GP at this time.

Thank you 🙂

Hurdity

Re: Increase Eostrogel for flushes?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 09:27:17 AM »

Your post has been missed - not so many members about these days - for obvious reasons.

I'm sorry I can't really help with the gel question. I have never experienced side effects like that.  Some women experience temporary nausea from increasing oestrogen (like when pregnant) but others have reported feeling nauseous on low oestrogen too!  Usually flushes are an indication of low or falling oestrogen although some women report flushes after an increase - I actually did once, years ago. Maybe try to increase by only a small amount at a time say half a pump?

However if you go to the Utrogestan/Estrogel support thread in this section of the forum, have a look at Ladybt's response to another member on there - she talks about tweaking her dose. Also hopefully someone might just see this who can offer their advice too.

Hurdity x

Hillbilly

Re: Increase Eostrogel for flushes?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 09:47:34 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I'll check out the thread  :)