Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ultrogestan and bleeding  (Read 509 times)

Pauline b

Ultrogestan and bleeding
« on: April 02, 2020, 07:02:17 AM »

Hope someone can advise. I have been on oral continuous ultrogestan and estrodot 75 patch for about 6 months and have generally been very well.

In the last 2 months I have had 2 episodes of breakthrough bleeding. I have missed the odd ultrogestan tablet would this cause a significant bleed if 8 only missed one? I have been under a lot of stress could this be a factor?

Traceylr

Re: Ultrogestan and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 01:31:25 PM »

hi there,
Stress does cause disruption to your hormones particularly progesterone! Last year I had a tremendous amout of stress due to a bearevement and I too had an unexpected bleed. ( I take utrogestan 100mg vaginally continuously and 50mcg estradot patch) just monitor yourself and seek futher professional help if it does continue or worries you.
take care x 

Hurdity

Re: Ultrogestan and bleeding
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 09:13:38 AM »

Hi Pauline b

Strictly speaking if you lower the progesterone levels when taking HRT then a bleed could be triggered - but only if the lining has built up sufficiently to shed. It depends where you are in menopause too. If you were not post-menopause when you started continuous combined HRT then your own cycle could break through causing the bleeding - ie a proper period.

Also some bleeding is also expected in the first 6 months of any continuous combined HRT but any bleeding beyond this point or any very heavy or worrying bleeding must be referred to the doctor, Covid-19 pandemic or not!

If you are definitely post-meno, then the fact that you have had two episdoes of what you say is significant bleeding only after forgetting one tablet, then this implies that the lining is building up  while you are on that regime.

It could well mean that the 100 mg oral Utrogestan is just not sufficient to protect the womb lining from the medium/high dose of oestrogen from the 75 mcg patch.

As Traceylr says keep an eye on it and don't hesitate to consult your doctor if it you have more  episdoes of significant bleeding especially now you are past the 6 month mark and if you are post-meno.

Hurdity x