Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Are these night sweats?  (Read 864 times)

NRGEE

Are these night sweats?
« on: May 31, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »

What causes night sweats? Is it too much or too little of oestrogen or progesterone?

Also can I night sweat just be upper chest and neck?

I take femoston and am currently on the oestrogen only part of the regime.

I had to change PJ top 2 x last night and am off to asda this am to buy a spare cheap fitted sheet

Am perimenapuasal and been on femoston a year- never had these chest/neck sweats before.

jaypo

Re: Are these night sweats?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 08:49:49 AM »

Yes,you can heat up anywhere, I have a fan  next my bed and it stays on all night,also an air con unit,thankfully my OH likes a cold bedroom   ;D
Oestrogen partly controls adrenaline so when oestrogen levels drop adrenaline can surge more often,leading to the sweats

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 08:53:59 AM »

Hello
Sorry you are having these issues- yes, my nighttime sweats were only chest, neck and head. Are you on 2/10? If you are on the 1/ maybe an increase in dose?
To be honest, I find a shift from the prog phase to the edtrogen only. I find I'm better on the 2 weeks of prog so I suspect the prog does help with sweats. I don't know the science but just experience, having been on HRT for few years. The red tablets, I always feel a bit more meno/ hormonal. I look forward to being back on the yellow. I think I'm one of those that needs prog and feels better on this part of the cycle.
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »

Night sweats are usually low oestrogen

I used to get chest up,  pool of water in breast bone area and hair drenched.  Before hrt I could have up to 10 of these sweats in one night x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »

Hello NRGEE

Night sweats and daytime ones come in all shapes and sizes. My night sweats were never very intense and the sweating was confined to my chest and back and underarms. It was a similar story during the day, my face would often feel hot but not look flushed.

Hope this all helps you.
Take care.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »

No,I'm not on hrt at all x