Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62806 times)

littleminnie

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #510 on: June 24, 2022, 07:45:13 AM »

Your taste will come back slowly.  It’s a a very gradual process.

Rumbaba

« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2022, 12:00:16 PM »

Hi

I am on day 8 of still being Covid positive, and still not feeling right,. I feel nauseous most of the time, and my sense of taste and smell are severely diminished.

Tea especially makes me feel queasy.

I also feel weak and shaky , more so first thing in the morning,

It’s got to get better sooon, hasn’t it?

Gnatty

« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2022, 01:42:28 PM »

I'm sure it will. My husband is on day 8 too. His worst symptom is a stuffy head. Really hoping I don't get it now as holiday next Friday!

KaraShannon

« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2022, 02:01:26 PM »

anyone had covid even though their lateral flow test was negative. 

I'm not well atm, feel weak and flu-ish, got a cough, it started with nausea 3 days ago, legs keep going to jelly, bad headaches here and there, temperature here and there, etc.

Gnatty

« Reply #514 on: June 28, 2022, 02:29:38 PM »

Does your test involve scraping back of throat? These seem to get a more accurate result

Aprilflower

« Reply #515 on: June 28, 2022, 03:37:15 PM »

I'm not well atm, feel weak and flu-ish, got a cough, it started with nausea 3 days ago, legs keep going to jelly, bad headaches here and there, temperature here and there, etc.

There are many other viruses,that haven't gone away.

KaraShannon

« Reply #516 on: June 28, 2022, 05:11:40 PM »

Does your test involve scraping back of throat? These seem to get a more accurate result

only the usual with lateral flow, I'll do another one tonight and be sure to pay more attention to the throat.  It's been about 4 days now though.

KaraShannon

« Reply #517 on: June 28, 2022, 05:12:44 PM »

There are many other viruses,that haven't gone away.

Yes, true, I seem to have had more than usual over this pandemic, but maybe it's lowered immunity etc from covid

Rumbaba

« Reply #518 on: June 28, 2022, 08:43:42 PM »

Your symptoms sound just like mine. But ,y test was positive the first day I had symptoms, so maybe not?

Anyway, sorry to hear that you are suffering, whatever it is, don’t wish it on anyone

Take care

Rumbaba

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #519 on: June 28, 2022, 09:21:14 PM »

Anybody seen that drama queen Jeremy Vine on TV moaning from his bed because he has covid.
Absolutely pathetic.  He just has a croaky throat!!

I am now on Day 12 with covid but getting out and about.  My hubby is negative now. Son still positive but carrying on as normal.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #520 on: June 28, 2022, 09:52:42 PM »

It's a virus and like the others, may well leave sufferer weak, chesty and headachy for days if not weeks.  I was unwell with seasonal 'flu for at least a. week, having woken in the morning with a high temperature, shivering, aching - I didn't know where I was or that I was ill for 36 hours  ::).  It took a week B4 I could consider driving anywhere which ruled out work. 

Be kind to yourself!  Rest.  Keep hydrated.  Plenty of Paracetamol and Nurofen.  Potter but don't do 'too much' or you will use up any energy gained.  Don't worry about food unless you 'fancy' anything. 

:tulips:

holidaylover

« Reply #521 on: June 29, 2022, 07:37:44 AM »

KaraShannon, hope you're feeling a bit better.  My neighbour has been poorly too, with all the common horrid symptoms, her husband and daughter were both positive but she keeps testing negative.  I wonder if she actually had it first without any symptoms and by the time she felt ill, the viral load had passed.  Don't know if that's even possible!  I have been negative now for over a week and still have a stuffy head and achey legs (especially in the morning).  My sense of taste is coming back but I seem to have developed a very sexy (husky) voice that I cant shift!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #522 on: July 02, 2022, 08:03:32 AM »

I still feel tired but not as tired as I was.  My cough is clearing up and my nose has stopped running. While I felt poorly, I did the bare minimum. kept on touch of the washing, hanging clothes out and cooking meals. No cleaning or heavy work at all.

Taz2

« Reply #523 on: July 02, 2022, 12:02:26 PM »

OH has tested positive today. I was negative yesterday as I did one before going to see my friend who has cancer. Will do another one later. It came on really suddenly a couple of hours after having a tooth extracted. He felt fine while having it done. Just goes to show that there's no guarantee that we're not infectious at any point. Off to open another window  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #524 on: July 02, 2022, 01:36:20 PM »

Has he told the dental staff taz?  How does he feel over all, I am sure that I would feel worse if I had a +ive test  ::)

It will be interesting to see how many 'go down' with it after Glastonbury last weekend  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39