Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62614 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2020, 07:58:28 PM »

The virus won't survive cooking.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2020, 08:00:23 PM »

As far as I know it isn't in UK food stuffs ?

It is however being passed somehow in these various factories - probably due to not being shown how to put on and take off PPE correctly?  Odd that it has happened across the Industry?

Two hoots

« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2020, 08:25:07 PM »

Its a problem in my head not on the plate, any food scare stories and I cant eat the product for a long time. Ive only eaten vege sausage and burgers since working for the council and reading enviromnental health reports over 26 years ago  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »

We don't buy cheap meat but prefer if it's gone straight from the farm to the butchers.  Same with sausages.  A lot of the very cheap stuff comes from abroad and you can't guarantee animal welfare.

sheila99

« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2020, 09:29:22 PM »

Maybe food production factories are in the spotlight because they remained open when other factories were shut? Seasonal agricultural workers were flown in but I hadn't heard of any factory workers.
You can guarantee welfare standards of food atm as it's governed by the EU, I doubt the same will be true when we've left.

CLKD

« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2020, 06:38:28 AM »

We have lots of gaps in the food proceasing industries: i.e. chickens bred in France, being flown here and labelled as 'UK' ......

Also why now?  Why now are factory workers testing positive?  It isn't clear if these have shown symptoms or if it's the fact that the testing kits have arrived .........

CLKD

« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2020, 04:41:49 PM »

Six people have tested positive for coronavirus in an outbreak at a test and trace call centre in North Lanarkshire.

"Sitel", which carries out contact tracing for NHS England, said it was aware of a "local outbreak" at its Motherwell site.

Deputy First Minister John Swinney told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland the call centre has been closed.
He said "extensive contact tracing" was under way.

Sitel said it was "urgently investigating" the outbreak with Public Health Scotland.

The company said it had requested that all staff who have been working at the site undergo testing within the next 24 hours.
A spokeswoman for NHS Test and Trace said everyone at the site is currently working from home while a deep clean takes place.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:40:40 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2020, 11:53:09 AM »

Fresh fruit and flower suppliers to major supermarkets have had an outbreak of Covid-19, public health officials have confirmed.

MM Flowers and AM Fresh UK, based on one site in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, have seen 26 employees test positive.
The firms, which employ 550 full-time staff and 300 agency workers, said they were working with Public Health England to trace the source of the outbreak.

Public Health England said it would issue a statement later.

A spokeswoman for the flower company said: "Like many organisations, AM Fresh UK and MM Flowers have taken extensive steps to ensure the safety of their people and their continued operation providing fresh produce and cut flowers.

jaycee

« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »

Our town has had no outbreaks for about 3 weeks amongst others, but Blackburn and Darwin are on a par with Leicester now, but i have read on facebook that a lot of locals are saying they wont wear face masks
I have been wearing one for shopping

CLKD

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2020, 06:39:20 AM »

Facebook is a hive of anarchy  ::).  Picky. 

The Police have stated that they don't have enough officers to be active on advising those that don't want to cover up.    Another bus driver was attacked yesterday when he refused a passenger entry as they wouldn't wear a mask  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2020, 08:37:33 AM »

Stores don't have to serve anyone.   But the aggro they are likely to face isn't worth the hassle.  Keeping a queue 2 go in might be 1 way of sorting it, people power? 

Two crew from an F1 Team tested positive last week ........... whether there were carriers is not known.  All Teams are being temp tested twice a day and swab tested regularly.

Sparrow

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »

I think most people will comply but a statement today from Asda and Sainsbury's is that they won't report customers who don't wear a mask,said it isn't their job.

Now doing click and collect for my food shop.  I won't be going in shops unless I know what I want, and can be in and out asap. 

No more browsing for me.   

Kathleen

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2020, 09:28:45 AM »

Hello ladies.

Many of my friends have been using Click and Collect since the beginning of Lockdown and they say they will continue.   I thought the  social distancing and hand sanitising measures in shops were pretty good so I have been happy to shop in person.

We must all do whatever we can to feel safe and keep well.

Take care everyone.
K.

Two hoots

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2020, 10:01:47 AM »

So far Wales advice is wash and sanitise your hands rather than wear a mask, unfortunately I see people walk straight past the sanitisers  :-\

I will be interested to hear your experiences, so far I havent worn a mask, although I have bought some reusable types ready  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2020, 11:47:09 AM »

I’ve bought some 2 ply washable ones.  The 3 ply ones are a lot thicker and some people have said it’s harder to breathe.  Don’t fancy that.
It will be a very quick shop from now on. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39