Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62625 times)

holidaylover

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #480 on: June 12, 2022, 02:03:44 PM »

Just tested positive this morning!  My legs are a bit achy and I'm frozen, that's all for the time being.  Fingers crossed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #481 on: June 12, 2022, 02:54:28 PM »

Oh NO!  Have you been infected previously holidaylover?  Any idea where you caught it?

Songbird

« Reply #482 on: June 12, 2022, 03:31:14 PM »

We returned from a cruise yesterday (onboard Sky Princess to Fjords).  It was lovely but on Thursday night all 4 of us started feeling like we were getting a bad cold - sore throat, coughing, sneezing etc. Hubby and I tested negative yesterday and again today whilst my sister in law and hubby tested positive! 🫣.
I did a bit of Googling and it appears that Princess has had a LOT of Covid cases in recent cruises (hundreds of passengers and crew on the ship we were on!)
I can see mask wearing making a comeback 😷

CLKD

« Reply #483 on: June 12, 2022, 03:40:51 PM »

Will U inform the Cruise Company?  I think it's important.  Also Trading Standards  or the Tourist Board.  This is putting lives at risk  :-\.  How was the Cruise though?  Worth the hassle?   :foryou:

holidaylover

« Reply #484 on: June 12, 2022, 04:02:02 PM »

CLKD, this is the first time I have had it.  We have been at a few busy events recently so, to be perfectly honest, it comes as no surprise.  I had a sore throat, cough and cold last week, but was testing negative, so thought it was a cold. The sore throat has gone and so has my cough, but I was out for a meal last night I couldn't taste a thing.  That's what made me test again this morning. 

Songbird

« Reply #485 on: June 12, 2022, 04:27:00 PM »

Will U inform the Cruise Company?  I think it's important.  Also Trading Standards  or the Tourist Board.  This is putting lives at risk  :-\.  How was the Cruise though?  Worth the hassle?   :foryou:

I’ll definitely be contacting the Travel Agent we used as a minimum, CLKD.  I never even considered checking any recent reports before we went - it was only when we returned and I googled that it all came to light!  These cruise lines appear to gloss over what is only going to get worse.  Really, 3000 passengers on a ship (at close quarters) with no mandatory mask- wearing is a perfect storm!
The quick turnaround on changeover day offers no time for a deep clean either  :-\
Having said all that, we did have a good time (no doubt it did have a negative impact on our enjoyment though)  :'(

ATB

« Reply #486 on: June 12, 2022, 04:29:51 PM »

Don’t they insist on vaccinations and negative tests though? If you go on a cruise ship I’m not sure masks would do much more than vaccinations. Surely we paid so much for them to get to this point where we could carry on as normal.

Songbird

« Reply #487 on: June 12, 2022, 05:18:46 PM »

Don’t they insist on vaccinations and negative tests though? If you go on a cruise ship I’m not sure masks would do much more than vaccinations. Surely we paid so much for them to get to this point where we could carry on as normal. 

Yep ATB.  We had to produce proof of vaccination, booster if appropriate and a certified negative covid test no more than 2 days b4 boarding. Bottom line is, in theory, someone could produce all of this but still test positive/be infected on the day of boarding. Thing is, if a cold has ripped through a ship in the past, nothing is done. Any covid case confirmed by a cruise ship medical team will see the unfortunate passenger isolated in a cabin for the duration of their cruise  :'( Reckon that's why people try to push through without presenting at the medical centre ???

CLKD

« Reply #488 on: June 12, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »

How many passengers have been affected by D&V on cruises in the past?  Again, too many people in close proximity.  Some cruises haven't been allowed into Port due to D&V .... some elderly have needed to be removed from their holiday to hospital.  Other bugs affect passengers.  It rarely makes headline News, it's usually on the holiday pages when travellers try to get their money back .

Songbird

« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2022, 07:25:45 AM »

Yep CLKD. Good old “norovirus” has been fairly common on cruises. Nasty 🤮 (and is especially hard on medically vulnerable and elderly- of which there are many on cruise ships)…..
I’ll tell you what, for the best part of 30 years we have cruised at least 2 times a year. We don’t know anything else  :o…….
I hope we continue with cruising but just feeling a wee bit doubtful now  :(

CLKD

« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2022, 08:21:07 AM »

Let us know how you get on with the Travel Agent and the Owners of the Cruise Liner?

Katejo

« Reply #491 on: June 16, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »

CLKD, this is the first time I have had it.  We have been at a few busy events recently so, to be perfectly honest, it comes as no surprise.  I had a sore throat, cough and cold last week, but was testing negative, so thought it was a cold. The sore throat has gone and so has my cough, but I was out for a meal last night I couldn't taste a thing.  That's what made me test again this morning.
When i got Covid, it took 5/6 days to definitely test positive. I had 2 negative PCR's before a positive and a mixture of negative and faintly positive lateral flows.

Katejo

« Reply #492 on: June 16, 2022, 11:01:54 AM »

If someone now developed just mild cold symptoms on a cruise boat, should they be testing themselves just in case? I had a mild cold a week or so ago. I did do 1 test which was negative and didn't bother again and it cleared up quickly. Probably hay fever.
I don't think that ship staff can now insist on someone testing just because they have sneezed a couple of times.

holidaylover

« Reply #493 on: June 16, 2022, 01:48:03 PM »

Day 5 today from my positive test on Sunday and I'm still positive, although the line is lighter.  Still having bouts of feeling extremely cold, and waves of extreme tiredness.  Still got a bit of a cough and every now and again I feel my throat getting sore then I can feel a lot better for a few hours then it hits me again.  Very odd.  My head feels stuffy and I feel even more 'spaced out' than usual!  I 'tasted' a light meal last night and even managed a small glass of wine, but today I can taste nothing.  OH was reluctant to test, although he was feeling a bit poorly last week, however I made him test the other day and he had a faint line compared to my dark one.  Today he has tested negative, so I assume he had it first therefore I am blaming him for passing the plague onto me!!

ATB

« Reply #494 on: June 16, 2022, 02:54:52 PM »

Oh I hope you feel much better soon holidaylover. This is day 8 for me. Just tired, very tired and a little blocked up. First two days were awful chills and my whole body ached, since then it’s mostly exhaustion. I slept so long yesterday. My husband recovered quicker, out building some planters yesterday despite breathlessness.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39