Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62703 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »

That's great!  No ill effects from the virus?

:tulips2:

Tc

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2020, 09:06:08 AM »

Good to hear JP xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2020, 10:11:39 PM »

So glad to hear your ok Joaniepat. 🌺

OH did have covid19 apparently, doctors said his pneumonia was the same as the patients who tested positive, who had pneumonia too. But his four tests came back negative. 🤷‍♀️

We've just heard aswell, the woman who works with my OH, whose been in hospital too, has been released and gone  home to her family. ..She's finding it hard to breathe, but at least she's on the mend. xx

CLKD

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2020, 08:50:50 AM »

Hopefully they will both continue to improve, pity that the NHS didn't contact everyone where they worked to heads up the fact!

My nephew was very ill for several weeks.  He has returned to work.   :o. at HS2  >:( from London to Bicester, how does that work!!!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2020, 02:34:49 PM »

Yeah, that's what me and son said. By the time he was tested, it had gone. But left him with the pneumonia. 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »

There should be a Public Enquiry about the health workers who are dying.  Initially it was to be expected but the whole World is more aware of distancing requirements, how to cleanse and how to wash down areas etc..

How can a Consultant in A&E catch the Virus?  Where, how and when?

CLKD

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »

Another 1 - Tracy Maguire remembers the moment she saw doctors insert a swab into her three-week-old baby's nose to test for coronavirus.
The new mother says it is one of the "worst things" she has seen.

"It was the first time I'd seen my baby cry tears," she said. "I held her, I was crying and we were just trying to get each other through the situation".

Born prematurely at just 3lbs 5oz (1.5kg), baby Peyton was diagnosed with Covid-19 at just three weeks old.
Her arrival on 26 March - eight weeks before her due date - defied all of the family's planning.

WTF - how does a new born get C-19  :bang: :bang: :bang:  fortunately she is home!

CLKD

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »

A friend's relative went into a care home last year.  Somehow C-19 took him off the planet: how CAN that happen  :bang: :bang: :bang: he was getting more poorly due to him being 95 but 'care' should mean ?  I see that the CQC have popped their heads up and made comments but they should have been in at the start with advice as to how to keep residents safe.

Kathleen

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »

Hello ladies.

I wonder if part of the problem is that care homes are private businesses. The local council can't demand how Marks and Spencers run their business for example so why would a care home be any more responsive? Add to that the cuts in local authority staff it's no surprise that inspections aren't what they were unfortunately.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »

Because many are Council run and others even though owned privately or by Companies, they have to take on clients from the Councils? 

It is wrong that there is a body that is answerable to no-one that oversees the 'care' ........... they don't have right of access and rarely go back to check that any 'suggestions' have been implemented.  When Homes close the CQC will pop up ....... 'we gave them advice which the home obviously didn't take' - instead of nagging and nagging .........  :-\

They go into hospitals and schools too.

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2020, 09:01:17 AM »

Everyone here OK thus far?  No lasting ill effects from these strange times.

I am fed up now with the government who tell us daily that PPE is being sourced/delivered.  However, the load from Turkey is apparently useless.

Surely in a State of Emergency some PPE is better than none.  Of course we aren't told what the problem actually might be ........ why not nip to B&Q or Homebase and source aprons from them?  Can't be any less appropriate  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2020, 03:51:30 PM »

Anyone have any inkling ? I can't find out from the BBC - no surprise there then!

CLKD

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2020, 09:44:37 AM »

Well I go to the top of our stairs  :o

Falkland Islands

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
.   !How On EARTH !

The COVID-19 pandemic was confirmed to have reached the Faroe Islands, an autonomous territory of Denmark, in March 2020.

As of 8 May, the confirmed infection rate is 1 case per 280 inhabitants, one of the highest rates in the world, but the archipelago has also tested at a very high frequency, with the number of tests equalling c. 17 per cent of the population (among all the world's countries, only in Iceland has almost as many been tested, per capita).[3]
The vast majority of the confirmed cases have been asymptomatic or mild; a few have been admitted to hospital.[4]

As of 8 May there were none in hospital, only one person was still infected (the rest having recovered), and there had been no deaths.[2] On the evening of 8 May, it was announced that the Faroes were free of COVID-19.[5]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:47:00 AM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2020, 01:28:16 PM »

Wearing substandard PPE is like wearing a wellie with a hole in it - except instead of a wet foot you catch CV.
I don't think b&q or homebase will have them. We got it from an agricultural suppliers when we needed it for spraying but they have been out of stock since the pandemic started.

CLKD

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2020, 01:39:44 PM »

Tnx.  But what would sub-standard actually be?  I can't find anything that explains British Standard for PPE.  People are also confusing scrubs with PPE  ::) .......... scrubs it seems can be made to of anything ............

Is your PPE re-useable?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39