Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: No sleep but a lot of burning  (Read 1592 times)

Midnight Shadow

No sleep but a lot of burning
« on: March 17, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »

Sorry for long post. Does anyone use Vagifem and Vagisan? I have been using the Vagifem two week reload and another week or so as a very nice Doctor said I could. I emailed surgery this morning and a Doctor who is the most miserable, impolite doctor I have come across said to now use Vagifem twice a week. I did mention using Hydromol cream but he didn't answer that question. I am wondering if I can use use Vagisan internally as well as the Vagifem. Using Olive and Bee is very soothing. Had a much better day yesterday, but by teatime I was burning and didn't sleep. So pleased I kept a diary as symptoms are exactly the same. It took nearly 6 months to clear before. Now into three months. Cant use Estrogen cream as if burns too much.  Replies appreviated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: No sleep but a lot of burning
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 09:49:03 AM »

I wouldn't use vagisan but would use lots of 'vagifem'.  Every night until symptoms ease.  The other products ladies find of use are 'yes' or 'sylc', if you put those in the search box here they will pop up.  It may be that the fillers are aggravating your vaginal region - I use KY Jelly >ducks< around the outer area. 

Where is the burning exactly, internally or is it due to the labial region being really dry?  I am on 'ovestin' which helps my symptoms.  It's Trial and Error, ain't it!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 10:00:47 AM »

Thanks, will try the yes product which I have. The burning is externally, especially when I have spent a penny. No uti and thrush has now cleared. Thank goodness. The Olive and Bee soothes for a while. Thought Doctor might have said to use Vagifem every night, but don't think he knows enough and is not very interested. Lady Doctor once said I could use Vagifem three or four times a week. Can't use Ovestin as it burns. Will opt for your advise which is invaliable. Like you say it's trial and error. Thank you.

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:12 AM »

What CLKD said. Do not use Vagisan. Hydromol ointment would be fine on the labia, as would your Olive & Bee. Most people get on OK with Yes VM or OB. Vagifem daily until you start to feel better.

I was the same with both the oestrogen creams at first, although fine with Estriol Cream now. Could you use the Estring, which would get round the problem of reacting to fillers?

Hope you feel better soon. VA can take a long time to get under control, but you will get there.

JP x

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »

Thanks Joaniepat, you answer is most assuring.  Not had it for a while, so forgot how bad it is. Will continue Vagifem for life which I know I should  have done. Having a good rest today, so hoping that will help. Take care.

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 10:16:01 AM »

Good morning Midnight Shadow

As the others have said don't use the vagisan.

I would do a reload of vagifem every night for the next 14 days.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Lanzalover x

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 10:26:37 AM »

Thank you, did do a two week overload a few weeks ago, but then was diagnosed Lichens which it isn't  (thank goodness)and it turned out to be Thrush. Maybe the vagifem didn't work so well because of the Thrush. Will now do another two week overload. Sure my nice Doctor would have suggested that this morning. Thanks again.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »

How R U this morning?  Have a look see at the 'sylc' and 'yes' threads too.  Make notes  ;D

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 12:01:51 PM »

Thanks, burning nicely. Will look at those threads. Sometimes I burn in the morning, sometimes afternoon. Was like that before. Am keeping a diary. Thanks for replying.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »

So moisten the outer labia every time you go for a pee.  My urine stings sometimes and I dribble in places I didn't know pee would run  >:( so wiping gently and applying hand lotion works for me.  There may be a bit of an ouch though  :o

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »

Might be a silly question, do you moisten the outer area before or after a pee?  Agree though, it is a definite ouch!!   :( Your replies are most helpful and much appreciated.  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »

You want a barrier before you pee, and top up product after pee as well if necessary. Not sure what CLKD meant by moisten. You need a waterproof barrier such as Hydromol ointment.

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 01:20:50 PM »

I pee then put a barrier on the labia if they are dry.  Pat gently to clean any drips ;-).  4 me it's about keeping the labia moist enough to stop it drying out.