Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Prescribed oestrogen only patches in error  (Read 915 times)

red julie

Prescribed oestrogen only patches in error
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:15:55 PM »

After my GP prescribed oestrogen only HRT patches in error last June, (I have an intact womb so should have been on the combined HRT) I am now having to go through a hysteroscopy and other less painful tests due to existing uterine cysts having doubled in size.  My endometrium has thickened to an extent that the gynaecology consultant I saw is rather concerned.

So, ladies, should I make a complaint to my GP's surgery? Has anyone else suffered this kind of error? The GP did apolologise for the error and assured me that there are now procedures in place to stop this happening again. He said the error occurred when there were supply issues and cost issues. That is rather a poor excuse in my opinion. As yet I have not had the hysteroscopy, but a blood test has shown a low CA125 result. If I make a complaint, what would I gain from it? Would it be worth the hassle?

Dandelion

Re: Prescribed oestrogen only patches in error
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 08:08:09 PM »

I just saw this.
Sorry to hear that you were prescribed oestrogen only patches in error and have to go through all this worry.

When I was in peri I got conti femoston in error, but just went back to GP for correct sequi femoston, but I can't absorb the pills.

I can't say if you should complain to the surgery, I understand your chaigrin at the error due to the worry.
I remember Dr Currie telling me womb cancer takes a long time to develop, but I do not know your personal circumstances and wouldn't overrule your gynae thoughts on this.

Glad GP apologised and said there are now procedures in place to stop this happening again.

The only thing that I can add, and I am not sure if it would have any effect is that making a complaint MAY, but unsure, stop it happening to other ladies in other surgeries.