Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Very worried ...  (Read 8358 times)

Joaniepat

Re: Very worried ...
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2020, 07:10:00 PM »

Kmorris, you can buy Yes VM in single use applicators, although they are rather pricey. If you have a tube of Yes VM, Stressnomore do reusable, round-ended, syringe style applicators and you can transfer some into one of those.

JP x

Kmorris

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2020, 07:18:20 PM »

The awful UTI type pain has gone off....although I still have the left side ache...have just applied some more YES ....laid on the bed seemed a little easier and I think I managed to go a little further but it was uncomfortable...almost like something stopping it going further so I didn't push it. Then I put my legs in the air pointing towards the ceiling so it might dribble up further....what a sight ... at least it made me laugh which I haven't done much recently.

Kathleen, thank you for your advice, it's a carry on to be sure...but I know that I have to get used to it and is something I will just have to do. :-\

The shaking is horrible....it's not the kind of shake you get if you're upset or stressed.....this shake is different... hard to describe...but I will try.
It comes from deep inside and it feels like a throb, a pulse....sometimes my hands shake, other times it's just inside that shakes and no one ( unless I told them) would be aware there was anything wrong with me.
Sometimes it comes on with the UTI type pains and when this happens everything feels worse....then again sometimes it will come on out of the blue with no pains. The shakes can last 20 minutes to 2 hours....I always know when they are coming on and going off....it's like a slow build up and a slow release...they build up in waves and ease off in waves.
After an episode of shakes, if I breathe deeply I shudder...do you know that feeling when you've been crying hard and you try to take a deep breath in? like you have been sobbing? But you sort of shudder. That's how it leaves me feeling.....emotional and drained.
What is it?
I've no idea.
It's a scary feeling and very unpleasant but not painful....at the moment I'll take that rather than all the pain I've been having.
I do know for certain that it's not stress or anxiety although I have had both those things....this shaking is something else.
Last week I had a thyroid test which has come back normal.
Is this similar to your shake?

Kmorris

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2020, 07:27:24 PM »

Joaniepat, I have been looking at those YES 5ml applicators on the website....I am thinking of ordering some....they might get me through until it gets easier and I get used to it.
Thank you.

marge

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2020, 09:55:19 PM »

I think the shakes might be anxiety Kmorris. Lots of us on here have experience of that

Mumalmighty

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2020, 08:34:02 AM »

Hi there
Goodness me I could've written this post ! I've had identical symptoms since just before Xmas like the 12th December I was at my exercise class and noticed an aching in my hip/pelivis thought nothing of it thought it was Exercise related then shortly after the pain went to my lower left side back. Then a Uti came with kidney area ache and feeling ill I went to the doctors and she tested my Urine sent it away and said if symptoms persist come back they never called me back but I  got antibiotics but didn't mention the pain thinking it was the Uti so then that cleared up eventually and still had pelvic and back pain plus lower and upper left abdomen pain then cystitis came on and I still put the pain down to that. I just took canesten which took away the pain when peeing but my bladder doesn't feel 100%. My ache now is mainly in my back but I get lots of pains on my left side off and on and it feels like hormonal wushing as I call it or burning. I'm 51 and have only just missed 2 periods and all since this has been happening. before that I was just very irregular my last Period was 12 days the longest I've ever had then nothing since, that was around the 10th January. I'm extremely dry down below and have had to use sylk for intimate moments. I know I should see a doctor but the pain is bearable although I do put up with a lot. I'm also very worried but keep self diagnosing which drives my hubby mad. I get what I can only describe as jittering but I'm pretty sure that's hormones Cos it comes in waves and I feel dizzy at the same time then it goes off. I would love to know how you get on. Hope all is ok. I know something is wrong I just need the courage to go to the doctors  :'(

Kmorris

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2020, 10:14:48 AM »

Hi Marge,
I have been, and still feel anxious about all that's been happening over the last few months, so you may well be right...every time I've mentioned this shaking business, I've always been told it could be anxiety/stress.....in a way I hope that is, and it's not anything else. :-\

Hi Mumalmighty....sorry to hear you are having the same problems....what a horrible time this has been....I'm beginning to feel a bit easier this morning and the UTI type pain has eased since I've used the YES moisturiser...the left side ache is still there, although not as bad.....will see how it goes today.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:39 PM »

Mumalmighty - another GP who doesn't have the sense to let a patient know the test results  :bang:  where you not told to ring after 5 days?

Did U take the ABs?  They will ease symptoms along with pain relief.  Ring your Surgery today and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment, you don't need blood tests or an intimate examination. I find 'ovestin' really useful, 'slyc' alone won't stop the dryness.

Mumalmighty

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2020, 04:24:12 PM »

Kmorris so glad your?re feeling a bit better!
Thank you ckld I'm thinking more and more that this is the problem. I did take the Abs and the Uti symptoms subsided in the main but it took much longer than 3 days of abs for the pain in my bladder to ease. I knew it had to be related Cos the dryness is terrible although I get no soreness or irritation down there it's a bit of a passion killer to say the least 😬
Yes the lady doctor said mmm there's something in there (my urine ) not sure what but I?ll send it away! I was too worried to go back when symptoms did persist as like so many other women on here I've such a phobia of the doctors and always try my utmost to treat myself but I was desperate by the time I actually went and got the abs and thought it would solve the problem which it kind of did but I'm still left with the other things. Does overstin have hormones in it ? Is it the same as vagifem? Sorry I'm so new to this although been in Peri for some years now since missing periods it's a whole new ball game 😫 up until December id been so good for about a year except around my period but now it's full blown everyday with the exception of the odd day feeling a bit more normal. It feels to me like my periods have literally come to a halt like a tap has been turned off and I?ll never see another again but obvs I won't know that for a while yet!  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2020, 04:28:23 PM »

Have a read of our vaginal atrophy threads.  Usually either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' are prescribed.  The idea is to plump up the whole of the vulva/vagina areas to ease dryness.  They are small amounts of hormone intended to be used for 2/3 weeks every night, then every 4th and 5/6th nights.  Some ladies have to use the former nightly in order to ease symptoms as it is such a small amount of active ingredient.

4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there .  My GP recognised the problem and prescribed pessaries which were withdrawn: apparently no 'call for them': then 'ovestin' which is delivered by applicator which is then washed and dried.  Works for me ;-). If symptoms irritate I go back to 7 days reload with pain relief.

My periods waxed and waned for years.  3 possibly 4 before they ended.  I was busy nursing 4 sick animals so didn't really take must notice  :-\ and new anyway that it was 'the change'.

Kmorris

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2020, 03:30:59 PM »

Update.

I have been prescribed Estriol cream. ..every night for 2 weeks then  two times a week. I really hoped the YES moisturiser would have sorted this problem...but no, I need something stronger.
I have read the posts and taken notes, but would please ask for some more advice and reassurance.

1. During the two weeks nightly load....will I be able to use the YES vm during the day or not?

2. When I finish the two week load and begin the twice weekly use of Estriol, on the other days, when not using the cream, will it be ok to put the YES up inside the vagina if needed?

3. Is it safe to use a small amount of the Estriol cream on the ? vestibule ( is this the right word??) the inside but not deep inside, of the vagina, daily?

Earlier I put a blob of the Estril on my inner elbow and left it for a couple of hours to see if I would have a reaction.....all seemed fine so I have put a little on the lady bits ....so far no stinging.
I have not inserted any cream yet....
I know I need this cream and will use it but I feel .... Just so very down and tearful, I can't seem to be rational about it....something awful happened to me in the Supermarket yesterday as well and I really feel like I' m losing the plot. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Joaniepat

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2020, 05:17:19 PM »

Hi Kmorris,
1 you can use Yes VM during the day.

2 you can put Yes VM inside after the loading dose.

3 you can use the cream on the labia and vestibule, it's what I do most nights and is a good idea.

JP x

Kmorris

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2020, 06:17:38 PM »

Thank you, Joaniepat x

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »

The labial area has a different tissue than that on the elbow  ::).  What reaction were you expecting, sometimes if the vagina is very dry products might sting.  The product is inserted into the vagina to put oestrogen back to plump up the whole area which encourages moisture.  Less itching.

I find laying down is the best way to insert 'ovestin' then go off to sleep. 

Kmorris

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »

I am in so much pain. I have used the YES moisturiser earlier and think I may be having a reaction to it....I have taken paracetamol...

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2020, 07:00:48 PM »

Where did you put the 'yes'?  Sometimes moisturiser can sting  :o.  Maybe stick with the atrophy treatment ........ a small amount several times a day tomorrow and Monday then at night.  It can take a few days to work!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5