Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Very worried ...  (Read 8152 times)

Kmorris

Re: Very worried ...
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 10:34:24 AM »

BeaR and Sparkle,
Sorry ladies just seen your posts.....yes BeaR those are the right names!
I will have a look at those links, thank you.

I feel a little bit better this morning Sparkle. Fingers crossed.

xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2020, 02:38:02 PM »

What did the Dr recommend  :-\

Atrophy needs localised HRT treatment.  Bicarb is OK in a warm bath ;-).  I would never swallow it but some here do recommend it and it was Granny's go-to for burns as a paste.

Kmorris

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2020, 07:36:51 AM »

Morning Ladies,
I've had another bad day and night....
I feel as if I have a UTI.....very uncomfortable lower abdo and shaking/trembling. My urine looks clear and there is no burning or stinging when I pee. All my urine samples have returned clear my bloods tests are clear. I am taking Ibruprofen and paracetamol but can't just keep swallowing these like smarties..... :'( :'(

I have looked up intestinal cystitis....I have some symptoms but not all.
I have looked up Vaginal Atrophy ..... I have some symptoms but not all.
How can I tell if this is a bladder problem or Vaginal problem?

I am drinking water...today I will stop drinking tea and coffee.
Please help, I feel like I can't cope much longer....I just cannot settle to anything and I'm just pacing about.

Kmorris

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2020, 07:58:08 AM »

Another thing...I have no appetite and have eaten very little over the past few days.

Jari

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2020, 08:33:46 AM »

Morning Kmorris.

Sorry you?re having a bad time.

Are you urinating normally eg any blood in urine or difficulty urinating or more often than usual?

You mentioned that you thought it might be kidney stones?!  Does the pain come in waves..

You say you are drinking water. Have you measured at least 2 litres a day? Maybe try also herbal teas like chamomile.

If you?re really in pain then I would call the nhs direct. Is it 111 and explain to them your symptoms. Make a note of all your symptoms. X

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2020, 08:42:07 AM »

What did the Nurse suggest at your visit this week?  You can keep taking the pain relief, that's what it is for! 

Do you have a return appt.?  Do you have wind?

Kmorris

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2020, 08:52:45 AM »

Nothing has been suggested....I just have to see Dr this week re. Thyroid blood test which was just done as a precaution because of the shaking.

No blood in urine it looks clear...no pain or ache in left side this seems to have gone after I thought I had passed a stone.
The pain/ache is coming from lower abdo.... I was in the a/e dept on Thursday and had all the tests ....blood/urine/ultrascan...and they all came back normal.
On Friday I felt a little tender but otherwise fine....then yesterday it began to come back...last night it was back, and this morning.
I feel as if I can't call anyone as all the tests have been done....no one seems to know what it is.

Jari

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2020, 09:38:14 AM »

Did the ultrascan rule out ovarian cyst? Just trying to rule things out..

Are you constipated at all? Nausea?

X

Kmorris

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2020, 10:12:22 AM »

Jari,
The ultra sound scan was on the abdo and pelvis and everything came back normal. Constipated yesterday but hadn't eaten much, managed to get some porridge down this morning before taking the Ibruprofen and bowels ok this morning. The pain is easing off a little now due to the pain meds.
Will chase up the flexible  cystoscopy appt. with my GP in morning.... will that be able to tell what this is?
Is it painful?

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »

A urine and blood test in an A&E Dept will be very basic and unless other tests were requested, they will take at the least 3 days.

Make a list of symptoms to take to the GP Appt., 'cos I've found that on the day, symptoms disappear  >:(

Taking the pain relief regularly is important.

Kmorris

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2020, 01:34:00 PM »

Yesterday I ordered some YES vaginal moisturiser from the chemist.
I have used a little this morning (about 5 ml) and so far so good....no irritation. I managed to put it slightly inside about 1/4 inch.
I feel a little more comfortable.
I am going back to the chemist to see if I can buy an "applicator" ... I can't use my finger, I just can't! Please don't anyone say to do that because I can't....it makes my stomach lurch ... :-\ This is just me, it's how I am, I can't help it.

I will try the applicator if I can get one....how far will I have to go in?
Is there a position that will make it easier?
How much should I use?

Please, please God let this work..... :'(

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2020, 02:57:37 PM »

Is't OK you are not alone with feeling around intimate places  ;)
Do you use tampons, if so a little 'yes' on the end and gently insert.  I usually lay in bed on my back and insert the ovestin applicator as far as I am able without it nipping.

Kmorris

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2020, 03:23:38 PM »

Thanks CLKD, I have never used tampons either but will get some small ones when I go out and maybe try with them as well. I will try laying down as well as I might be able to relax a bit more....this really is horrible.

Thank you for being so patient with me xx

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2020, 04:31:11 PM »

Once you are more relaxed the product will go up more easily. 

Kathleen

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »

Hello Kmorris

I have been using Yes moisturiser for a few months and find that it works well even though I'm only using it on the outside atm.  A friend of mine uses the applicator and says that warming up the cream beforehand makes the whole procedure more comfortable. She says that the chilled feeling caused her to tense up so now she warms it a little just before she uses it. You might want to give that a go until you get used to everything.

Can I ask what sort of shaking you've been experiencing? I was told recently that I have hypothyroidism and I get a lot of shaking and quivering in my abdomen and legs. I always thought this was meno related but now I wonder if it's a thyroid problem.

Good luck with using the cream and applicator.  Take your time, there's no rush, it's just another technique to learn and you will soon be comfortable with it.

Take care.

K.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5