Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Very worried ...  (Read 8315 times)

Kmorris

Re: Very worried ...
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 08:16:24 AM »

Morning, CLKD,
Not much sleep, probably about 2 hours.

I'm not sure but I think I may have passed a kidney stone early this morning....
Still feel very tender and achey on left side...not sure if it's going to kick off again.

Jari

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 08:22:54 AM »

Hi Kmorris

Sparkle made me think, if it is bowel related, how are your bowel movements. Sorry if tmi.

Just to say, since I started having 2 dessert spoons of ground flaxseeds on my morning muesli, my bowel movements are easy and daily regular.

It might be worth a try while you wait for your scan on 13th.

If you have a coffee grinder you can grind the flaxseeds/linseeds in that or you can buy already ground mixes in supermarket.

Hope you are feeling better this morning. Worry makes everything worse. X

Jari

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 08:25:12 AM »

Sorry, our posts crossed paths.

Wow, a kidney stone, that must have hurt. Keep up with water drinking!! :) x

Kmorris

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 01:40:17 PM »

Hello everyone,
Thank you for all your kind thoughts and advice.

I have spent most of the morning in the A/E Dept.
After my last post this morning, the pains came back on again...I tried the GP and practically begged for an appt. but the earliest would be Saturday....unless I had a special phone and they could do a 'push appt' where you have a video talk with the GP....my mobile is 10+ years old and is on its last legs, so a video link wasn't going to happen.

After all the pain last night I was at my wits end and couldn't cope anymore.
Booked into A/E
Had bloods taken.  Ok
Urine showed clear except for a slight raise in something beginning with 'L' that sounded like Lukozade, and something beginning with 'K'which was slightly raised. Doctor said the bloods were all fine.
I also had an ultrasound scan which was normal.
Doctor has booked me in for a (sounded like) flexible cystoscopy? (camera in bladder)....and they will ring me over the next few days to arrange.
He did not prescribe antibiotics and recommended Ibruprofen/paracetamol for the pain.
It's beginning to feel a little less painful ...just (I've taken Ibruprofen)... and now feel so worn out.
Is it a UTI?
Is it a bladder problem?
Is it VA?
The Doctor said the urine sample was not really showing an infection .... so decided against the antibiotics, but has referred me to urology for the camera in the bladder to see what's going on.

xx

Jari

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 04:12:55 PM »

Ditto what Sparkle says. Water/herbal tea and rest. Good you went to A&E that must give you some relief that you are getting checks! Take care and keep us posted. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:13 PM »

Did U not keep the stone?  To take to the GP?

Has a urine sample been sent to a Lab? sorry I may have asked previously  :-\

Take the pain relief as recommended.  I used to get a dragging pain around the soft areas on each side of my belly in the 'hip' area which would go with Asprin.

Kmorris

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2020, 07:13:55 PM »

Have spent most of the afternoon in bed and I still feel wrung out...making sure I keep hydrated now.....just a bit  nervous as the left side pain seems to be coming back and a low down period type pain :-\  just about to take some paracetamol.

Yes, CLKD the GP said yesterday that she would send the sample to the lab....and tomorrow I have more bloods re. Thyroid test.
I wish I had have fished the stone out now but I just remember thinking oh what's that a little dark stone ...and then flushed!   ::)

No stones showed up on the scan....and the young man doing it was very thorough...I kept asking him  does everything look normal? He said all was fine and later the Doctor confirmed it was all normal.

Thank you so much everyone for your support, I really do appreciate reading your posts to me xx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 07:59:15 PM »

Your area will be bruised if there's been a stone.  Usually formed by a build up of calcium?

Be kind to yourself.  Get the pain relief down you regularly.  Maybe a warm bath? 

Kmorris

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 08:19:07 PM »

The Dr. in the a/e said there was no blood in the urine so didn't think that I had passed a stone...so I don't know....I thought that I had.

I'm taking the painkillers but...I'm just sat here wondering what is this pain?
Still no answers really...should I have asked for some antibiotics? What if it is a UTI and its just been left to get worse...

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 08:21:11 PM »

If it's an infection pain relief will help.  If it's not a urine infection and you are given ABs, then that's wrong especially in the current climate of The Virus.   ::)

What worries you that you won't take on board what you were told in A&E?  Take a list of them to your blood test tomorrow?

A kidney stone that won't pass is the most painful pain that one can suffer.  Apparently. 

Kmorris

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 08:42:31 PM »

I know you're right...I just feel so weary and a bit weepy with it all now.

UTI type ache lower abdo.
Deep ache left side lower abdo.
No pain or stinging on urination.
Urine looks clear.

Bloods clear.
Ultrasound scan normal.
Urine test ...something beginning with L and something beginning with K were elevated but not by much apparently.

Paracetamol not having much effect....going to take an ibuprofen....can feel the pain coming back.

bear

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 08:55:08 PM »

Hi Kmorris,

Poor thing, you sound desperate! Is L for Leukocytes and K for Ketones? If so, you could have interstitial cystitis.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/interstitial-cystitis/

Or bowel endometriosis. This article describes a woman that had the cyclical pelvic pain as one of her symptoms and tested positive for ketones.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3902514/

I'm not saying you have one of these conditions, but you can discuss them with your docs. Paracetamol won't be of much help, you can try Buscopan if you don't have any contraindications.

BeaR.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:25:04 PM by BeaR »

Jari

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 08:27:53 AM »

How are you feeling this morning Kmorris?

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 09:59:45 AM »

You beat me to the question Jari?

Let us know how you get on at the Surgery?

Kmorris

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 10:29:26 AM »

Morning Ladies,
Thank you....I feel a little easier today. Just back from seeing the Nurse for some bloods to be taken. Will talk to GP again next week when results come through.

CLKD, I have seen you mention bicarb of soda half a teaspoon in water....would this be OK to take if the UTI pain comes back? If this is atrophy of the vagina will it still be ok to take bicarb? I have just bought  some on way back from Drs.

xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5