Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Very worried ...  (Read 8339 times)

Kmorris

Very worried ...
« on: March 04, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »

Hi everyone,
a little while ago I wrote about my problems late last year with a UTI that kept coming back and also some vaginal dryness.

After a week or two the vaginal dryness eased off, and I have also been relaxing the pelvic floor muscles just recently by watching a lady on YouTube who gives some good advice.

This morning I had to see my GP again as I thought I had another UTI coming on.....this is a lower abdo ache with an ache on the left side....this sometimes comes on with an internal trembling and can last from 20 minutes to a couple of hours.... some days I feel fine. Today it has been on all day.

The GP has sent a urine sample to the 'lab' but has done a dip tick which showed clear of infection, I am to see the nurse on Friday to have some bloods taken. I have an Ultrasound scan on the 13 th March.in the meantime she said to take paracetamol.

I am sat with a hot water bottle on the left side ache which is quite bad now.... The lower abdo ache seems to have gone off.
What is this left lower ache? Does anyone else recognise these symptoms?
I have had this on and off since the beginning of the year.
I am so frightened its cancer .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Very worried ...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 04:40:00 PM »

I suggest that you ring your GP surgery now and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment!  PRONTO!  At the least it won't do any harm to your body and best it will improve the vagina which will lessen the feelings of a UTI!

Again, another GP not keeping up with VA  :bang:

Appropriate treatment will ease symptoms which mimic urine infection-type feelings really really well.  Either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' is used into the vagina every night for 2 weeks, then a few times a week: every 4th and 5/6th nights.  Some ladies find that they need 'vagifem' nightly.  Have a look here about 'sylc' and 'yes' products.

Don't wait.  What are the blood tests for  :-\ ?  You don't need an examination to get proper treatment for vaginal atrophy.  Do ring now and ask for it to be left so that you can pick it up tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on.

Kmorris

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »

But is it vaginal atrophy, CLKD?
It's the left side ache that is bothering me...towards the hip and a bit of backache too.
The blood test is for thyroid and a general blood test she said for the shaking and trembling ..... which she asked me if it was stress! No it isn't , I said.

I am worried now though and stressed but I'm not trembling now....the trembling that comes on with the aches is not stress, I know the difference when I feel stressed.....this trembling is horrible and makes me want to pace about and I can't sit still.

Kmorris

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »

Last year the GP sent me to the A/E dept as she thought I had diverticulosis, but the Dr. in the A/E said not.....I also had a scan to rule out kidney stones.

I still have my overies. I am 63 next week and about 9 years post menopause. I have not taken HRT.
Apart from the UTI last year I have been fit and well .... I have had all the usual meno problems especially at the beginning in my early 50s which were a nightmare.
This just seems to have kicked off again especially with the dark thoughts about what could show up on the scan.

Kmorris

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 05:18:08 PM »

The Doctor said I would have been I more pain and running a temperature ( which I wasn't)...I did have a CT scan that night and nothing showed up.

Is there anything I can do tonight that might make it easier? Nothing will burst will it?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 05:27:47 PM »

I used to get that pain in a similar region years ago but can't remember why.  Pain relief medication eased it. If worried ring your Surgery, ours is open until 6.30 most evenings.

Let us know!

Kmorris

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 06:13:32 PM »

no, Sparkle its not a muscle pull .... I've taken paracetamol but it's not helping....not sure what to do now just pacing about with a hot water bottle.
Feels like it's going into my back now ....just so uncomfortable

Jari

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 07:28:31 PM »

Hi Kmorris,

Could it be a kidney infection?

Are you drinking 2 litres of water/herbal tea a day?

X

Kmorris

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 07:46:50 PM »

It's beginning to ease off a little now but it's coming on and going off in waves.....like labour pains....still have the lower abdo ache though....I think i could have more than one problem. If it gets any worse I think I might have to ring NHS, Sparkle.

Jari....I have been drinking herbal tea and water all day, but have hardly eaten as I just can't face anything.

Thank you so much ladies xxx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 08:13:29 PM »

So - how long since you took the pain relief did it begin to work?

Maybe try nurofen this evening?

marge

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »

I don't want to undermine what you have, Kmorris,  but could it be anxiety related? I had a left sided pain for about 6 months a couple of years ago. Nearly drove myself mad with worry. Even scared to go to the GP. In the end a friend told me she had the same thing and had put it down to anxiety. After that, it just seemed to go. I'm the same age as you and l think we get over anxious sometimes.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »

I hope it continues to ease off. I sometimes get lower left side dull ache, which can sometimes be quite sharp as well. I was convinced it was ovarian related, but Ive had pelvic scans that have been clear. Like Sparkle I think mine might be bowel related, although I had a CT scan which didn't show anything sinister. When I went to a women's health physio for VA, she advised re the conncetions between all the different organs and she gave advice on bowel emptying techniques which have a made a difference to me.

I would ask the dr to arrange a pelvic scan as soon as possible, its a quick painless proceedure, just to rule out any ovarian issues.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 08:19:12 PM »

Let us know how you get on! 

Katejo

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 11:03:30 PM »

But is it vaginal atrophy, CLKD?
It's the left side ache that is bothering me...towards the hip and a bit of backache too.
The blood test is for thyroid and a general blood test she said for the shaking and trembling ..... which she asked me if it was stress! No it isn't , I said.

I am worried now though and stressed but I'm not trembling now....the trembling that comes on with the aches is not stress, I know the difference when I feel stressed.....this trembling is horrible and makes me want to pace about and I can't sit still.
  I got this ache for several months but starting Vagifem relieved it quickly.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 07:33:37 AM »

Did U sleep much  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5