Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Every Women needs to read this!🌹  (Read 7648 times)

Kathleen

Re: Every Women needs to read this!🌹
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:13 AM »

Hello ladies.

I know someone who has been told she must lower her thyroxine dose as it is beginning to stress her heart.  She is 52 and  has been taking 150mcg  of Levothyroxine ever since she had her thyroid removed 15 years ago.  Her GP has told her that they will begin lowering her dose at the end of the year. Needless to say, she is not looking forward to it.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 12:24:21 PM »

Her GP should be referring her!!

Feather

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 12:48:27 PM »

I got my blood results today and was surprised to be told that they are normal! TSH 1.3, ferritin 51 so what's making me feel the way I do?!! Kidney, liver and glucose all ok as well.
Got the results over the phone so will make another appointment to see Gp

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »

Ask for a referral?  Maybe ring the appropriate Dept at your local Hospital and ask how to progress?  Then speak to your GP ;-)

Penelope

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2020, 07:12:42 PM »

Hi Feather call the doctors and ask them to email you the results so you can put them up on here🌹

Feather

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 01:06:10 AM »

Went to gp again, described my symptoms and he asked me if I had any neck pain? I replied that I had (I've been seeing an osteopath for neck and shoulder pain ) and he said that he thinks tight muscles are obstructing the blood flow to my head causing the dizziness. He has prescribed amitriptylene as a muscle relaxant and it seems to be working! I'm also doing stretching exercises to relieve the tension

LaziRach

• First Flush
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »

I realise I'm a bit late to this, but the thread resounded with me so much. In the last year I've had two thyroid tests and both came back with T4 and TSH well within the normal range. Yet I had all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. I decided to go to a naturopath and get a much more in depth test and surprise surprise I am indeed hypothyroid. My T3, reverse T3 and antibodies are off the scale! I'm now working with the naturopath to rectify this, and it may well be a long process. I'm optimistic though. I just think it's shocking that people can be fobbed off like that by their GP. I did ask for a more in depth test and was told it was unnecessary as my T4 and TSH were good.

sheila99

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »

Yes, it seems to be a failing of the nhs. My NHS results were fine so I did a medichecks one that showed I had hashimotos and low vit d. How have they suggested you increase your levels? I'm increasing vit d as that is below range but so far it hasn't made a difference to how I feel, thyroid the next thing to tackle.

LaziRach

• First Flush
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2020, 08:42:42 PM »

Hi Sheila99
I'm taking something called T. Convert, a herbal thyroid supplement. I only started it a week ago, so I'll see how's it goes. I also take vit D plus other supplements. Will you be starting thyroid medication?

sheila99

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2020, 09:03:19 PM »

My thyroid tests were within range but close to the bottom. I haven't been back to the gp yet so I don't know if she will prescribe thyroid medication. Vit d was below range so I've been waiting to see if the vit d pills make me feel better first. From what I've heard some people feel rough if their thyroid is within range but close to the bottom of it. Let me know how you get on with T. Convert? It might be another route for me to try.

LaziRach

• First Flush
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2020, 03:36:20 PM »

Yes I've heard too that even a slightly low thyroid can cause horrible symptoms. I had all the symptoms except weight gain, which sort of tricked me into thinking that I couldn't have a thyroid problem! My naturopath said the low T3 and high reverse T3 that I have is less common than the normal TSH and T4 problems. But hopefully it's still treatable. Anyway I'll let you know how the T. Convert goes and good luck with the vit D.

LaziRach x

emma5131

• First Flush
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2021, 08:07:56 PM »

I'm a nutritionist with functional medicine training. DO take selenium and inositol for anti thyroid antibodies (ie Hashimoto's) as this can help stop the autoimmune attack on the thyroid gland. Plus ensure vitamin D at the higher end of the reference range. Also a gluten free diet is essential for a variety of reasons to complex to explain here but it will help ALOT to bring those antibodies down.  Autoimmune thyroid conditions far more common than straight hypo or hyper thyroid disfunction but in the UK the NHS do not routinely check the antibodies so these conditions are not properly diagnosed and treated.  Much you can do nutritionally and lifestyle wise to stop the condition progressing if autoimmune in nature
Pages: 1 2 [3]