Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Reminder !  (Read 1381 times)

DS68

Reminder !
« on: April 01, 2021, 11:53:10 PM »

Forgive me as I may have asked this question....

I was recently dealing with a heavy yukky period when I had a thought -
If I'm on the gel.and ustrogetan daily and I'm having periods still, will this regime allow my periods to stop? I mean does this regime force periods to continue? I'm just wondering when I'm.going to stop these horrid things - I used to think I'd miss them a.little as they remind me I'm still youngish but at 52 I'm ready to wave goodbye. TIA x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reminder !
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 07:49:38 AM »

Morning.  Can't help, sorry.  MayBe put the names of the products into the search box ?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »

What were your periods doing before you started HRT?

Taz x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 08:03:45 AM »

Hi HRT won’t stop your periods but you might find that the periods will slow down naturally.

You can take the Utrogestan daily ( post menopausal dose ) but if you are still in peri then you may get breakthrough bleeding . X

DS68

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 09:56:10 AM »

I seem to be having normal periods as in  monthly, and I'm not sure if this is because I'm still peri or because I'm taking the hrt.  Periods have always been on time just became heavier I've the past year.  What I'm confused about is will they eventually stop or fade away despite my taking the gel and ustrogestan daily. Have searched but can't seem to find a clear answer.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 10:58:00 AM »

If you stay on cyclical hrt then yes, you should still bleed. I am late peri and it's obvious which are 'my' bleeds and which are the hrt ones. The hrt ones are a washed out version, few or no pmt symptoms, lighter and shorter bleeds. I'm also on sequi gel/utro and bleed approx 1 in 3 cycles. Some women are in their early 60s when they reach meno, I was still mostly regular when I went on hrt at 57. If you want to be bleed free your best option would be a mirena rather than utro.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 11:04:17 AM »

I'm not sure. Shouldn't you be on sequential and not continuous utro as you were still experiencing periods when you started it?

Taz x  :-\

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »

I'm in the same position as you daily oestrogel and 100mg utrogestan vaginally. I am 54 and still get periods despite it being a continuous regime but I prefer it to the fluctuating hormones you get with the sequi regime. But must say I am getting sick of bleeds too so thinking about mirena coil. I am 55 still peri unfortunately.