Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Scan endoscopy and more referal  (Read 1759 times)

Lillibet

• First Flush
Scan endoscopy and more referal
« on: January 29, 2020, 04:21:18 PM »

Hi

I've been lurking for a while and now need to post.

I'm 48 - possibly peri
End of October last year I started to feel a bit rubbish.  Had the most horrendous feeling of needing to burp that went on for days I also had burning sensation in my back.
My health anxiety rocketed and after a very long 10 days and an awful
Night sleep I went to the GP.
I was given hrt, Femoston 1/10 with very little questioning and Omeprazole for the burning in my back - worse drug I have ever taken it made me feel worse.

At Christmas back pain and shoulder pin still going on so I went back to the doctors, saw a different gp who referred me for bloods and an endoscopy.
Bloods came back slightly elevated for ovarian cancer so had a ultra sound scan last Friday which showed nothing structural.
I had started to feel better the last few weeks So was calming down a bit about it all and have the endoscopy this Friday which I am dreading but felt that once it was done and I was given the all clear I might be in a better mind set to move on.

I have been on the hrt 3 months so went for my review this afternoon and to get repeat prescription. 
Different GP - very nice but refused to give it to me as she was referring me to the hospital as my bloods were high for pancreatic cancer marker and the ovarian.  When I said the scan was apparently clear she still thought it was best to refer me.
Obviously now feeing bloody horrendous and very panicky also upset about the hrt as in the last month I've felt so much better.

Sorry for long post just needed to share it somewhere.

Jeepers

Re: Scan endoscopy and more referal
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »

Hi Lillibet

Welcome to the club that no-one really wants to belong to.

I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell, I can totally understand where you are coming from (I am the Queen of Health Anxiety), as I have had quite a few health issues lately.

Its good news that your scan came back normal.  I too have an endoscopy booked for next Tuesday, and have already had a CT scan (normal thank goodness),

Has your GP told you what you are being re-referred for?  Is it for a consultation, and if so, which department?   The waiting around horrible, and I really feel for you.   There are lots of lovely ladies on here to give you support, I've had wonderful support, and learned a lot too. I'm sure someone more  knowledgeable  will be along soon

Keep posting if it helps, sending you a big virtual hug

Jeepers xx

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 05:10:27 PM »

Hi Jeepers

Thank you for your lovely post.

I read your post about your appointments after I posted.  Seems we are on a similar journey but perhaps different symptoms.

I think a consultation.
I did ask why the GP who referred me for the Ultra sound only mentioned ovarian and she said ?we as GP's all have different thresholds that we use to refer? - slightly worrying generally but could be a positive in this situation.

But then again I'm worrying that she didn't wait until after the endoscopy on Friday to refer me.

Thank you for the virtual hugs, sending them back to you as I've seen your have a tough time with it all

Xx

Jeepers

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 07:27:29 AM »

Hi Lillibet

How are you feeling today?

Jeepers xx

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »

Hi Jeepers

Sorry only just seen this. 

I've not had a great day today - anxiety over blood results whirring around my head

I had my gastroscope yesterday, the actual procedure wasn't too bad, I think the worse bit was the emotional state I got myself in with the nurse beforehand.  Such lovely kindness bought everything flooding out.
Results are good in that they saw nothing too sinister just a few erosion in the stomach which I have been prescribed Omeprazole -
Not keen on it as a drug but I know things have got to heel.

Hospital rang yesterday and
Booked me in for GI consultant this Wednesday - panic now in overdrive that I def have pancreatic cancer.  My only system is shoulder pain and pain between shoulder blades a bit burpy no abdominal
Pain and the c19-9 blood being elevated and the quick response from the hospital has sent my head into overdrive. 

How have you been the past few days?  Have you had much pain or have you had a calm few days. 

Xx

Jeepers

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 10:41:49 PM »

Hi lillibet

That's good news about your endoscopy, nice to get that ticked off. Did you have antsy sedation? I'm planning to have mine with no sedation, as I need to drive myself home afterwards. Plus, I worry about reacting badly to the sedative.

I have been exactly in your shoes, I was totally convinced I had pancreatic cancer. As a lot of people have said to me, there are a lot of other things it can be, so all you can do is try to remain positive ( 'that's so much easier said than done).  Personally , I think it's good that you are getting seen on Wednesday, as the waiting is like torture. 

Is there anything that you can distract yourself with? I play classical guitar, and that really helps me.

As for me, my pain has been a lot less this last week or so, although I have had a few pains on the right side (!), and a bit burny stomach today and yesterday. I'm still scared for Tuesday.  On the plus side, I got my most recent blood tests back, and they were all normal

Do you have someone to support you at home?

Jeepers xx

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 08:20:15 AM »

Hi Jeepers

Great news about your blood results.

Just wanted to wish you good luck today for your endoscopy.

Xx

Jeepers

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 03:07:07 PM »

Thanks Lillibet, I have update the other thread.

How are you doing?

:foryou:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:06:54 PM by Jeepers »

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 07:14:13 PM »

I'm ok - a bit up and down.
Consultants tomorrow which is now a relief.

Bit fed up with the Omeprazole - the burning between my shoulder blades has gone but the stabbing pains and internal ache across the top of my back after I eat has been awful the last couple of days.  It always seems to be worse when I take any form of acid suppressant (spelling?)

At that point where I am looking forward to maybe getting some answers tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening with your great results from today xx

Jeepers

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 10:17:03 AM »

Good luck today lillibet, I am thinking of you

Xx

Jeepers

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 05:01:55 PM »

How did it go.?

Jeepers xx

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 11:32:57 PM »

Hi Jeepers

It was ok, consultant not overly concerned my CA125 was back to normal.  I have been referred for a ct scan I think mainly as a ?let's check everything?. As the blood ca19-9 was still slightly elevated - it's not massively high though  1/38, standard is 1/34 (wish the gp had told me that).  I think they just want to check nothing sinister is causing the acid reflux.

I've had a terribly stressful time in the last 3 months - my Dad struggling with dementia & hubby Dad had a stroke - stress is likely cause of the symptoms.

As you can probably tell I am calmer at the moment about it all.

How have you been since Tuesday? Xx

yellowflower

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 02:57:33 AM »

Hi Jeepers

It was ok, consultant not overly concerned my CA125 was back to normal.  I have been referred for a ct scan I think mainly as a ?let's check everything?. As the blood ca19-9 was still slightly elevated - it's not massively high though  1/38, standard is 1/34 (wish the gp had told me that).  I think they just want to check nothing sinister is causing the acid reflux.

I've had a terribly stressful time in the last 3 months - my Dad struggling with dementia & hubby Dad had a stroke - stress is likely cause of the symptoms.

As you can probably tell I am calmer at the moment about it all.

How have you been since Tuesday? Xx

What is a CA19-9 test?

Lillibet

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 01:11:10 AM »

It's a blood test - tumor marker for pancreatic cancer.