Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Billy Chip  (Read 1326 times)

Jari

Billy Chip
« on: February 08, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »

This is a chip to give to homeless as an alternative to cash.

You can find out more at billy chip.com

They are trying to get around cafes to start selling the chips so that people can buy for 2 pounds each and give to a homeless person instead of cash. They can then go into the cafe and buy a hot drink in the warmth of the cafe. It is aimed at trying to stop the divide and help get back on their feet.

If anyone is interested in asking their local cafes to do this, you can ask Jon Hope at Billy Chips to send you some leaflets to give to cafes.
X

Sparrow

Re: Billy Chip
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 01:11:36 PM »

Sounds a brilliant Idea.  I've given a monthly donation to St. Mungos for about twenty years, but I don't like giving cash directly in case it goes on drink or drugs.

My youngest son often buys food and drink for the rough sleepers in Brighton, when he goes there but this sounds a much better idea.

Jari

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 01:36:20 PM »

I agree Shadyglade. I also do not like to give cash, but I thought this chip was a great idea. The young man who thought of the idea sadly died, but his father and family have transformed his idea into reality.

I have just received my leaflets in the post so will give out to some of my local cafes. If it takes off, they want to chips to be able to be spent on food and accommodation..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 06:39:34 PM »

Good idea!