Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help new to hrt  (Read 1044 times)

Sarahlim

Help new to hrt
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:25:24 PM »

Hi everyone
I'm new here, so I'm 48 and perimenopause. Last april I was diagnosed with a mild prolapse. Its been very up and down to be honest. My gp decided that hrt was a good idea. So I started last week, for the first few days I thought I was cured my prolapse seemed to be gone. But it was too good to be true and now it all seems really bulgy and swollen, I'm on estrogen gel and a pessary tablet called estrogel I think. I have to start on a progesterone tablet next week for 14 days. Does anyone have any ideas, I'm at my wits end with the whole thing. But want to keep going in the hope that it will start to help.
Thanks so much

Hurdity

Re: Help new to hrt
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 09:12:51 AM »

Hi Sarahlim

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your health issues. You will have most likely been given Vagifem as the vaginal pessary which contains estradiol although there is a new one which contains estriol called Imvaggis (!). Although adding oestrogen in the form of HRT can help with bladder issues as well as tissues through its effect on collagen I wouldn't have thought it could cure a prolapse and even so its effect on collagen would not hapen that quickly.

What type of prolapse have you got and have you been given any other advice? Presumably pelvic floor exercises as a must to help strengthen things. Is the prolapse from childbirth?

HRT will of course help overall and do keep on with it but I'm not sure about its effect re prolpase. Sorry I don't really know much about this and hopefully someone else will be along ( although maybe not for a while as it's the weekedn!)

All the best

Hurdity x

Penelope

Re: Help new to hrt
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 08:26:15 PM »

Hi Sarahlim how are you going on the HRT?
I know everyday is different.
We would all love to hear how you are doing?