Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femal ?  (Read 2873 times)

Jari

Femal ?
« on: February 05, 2020, 09:32:57 PM »

Has anyone tried this?

It says it contains no hormones. Also that 57% of women choose alternatives to hrt or nothing at all..

Just interested to know if anyone knows about it? X

Sparrow

Re: Femal ?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:34:33 PM »

Oh, not heard of this, but will do a Google.

Jari

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:40:52 PM »

Hi Shadyglade.. I've recently seen it advertised and just curious about it.

Did you read Marilyn Glenville's natural approach to menopause.. her second book I think? I've read the first and still keep to some of her recommendations. I'd be interested to read her latest book also. X

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 09:53:21 PM »

Hi,

I did a search and it's manufactured in the Netherlands by a Japanese pharmaceutical company (quite a big one by the looks of it) called Shionogi.  It's basically a food suppliment with grass pollen.  Looks like Big Pharma want to get into 'natural' therapies too.  Must be some money in it.  ;)

As for the book I have the first addition.  I think the new one is recommended for extra reading on the MM website. Under Alternative Remedies.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:27:53 PM by Shadyglade »

Sparrow

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:04:03 PM »

You could send a message via their website and ask.  I expect the allergens have been neutralise, otherwise lots of people couldn't take it.

Sparrow

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:05:07 PM »

There is an advert for it on this site.

I don't think so.  If you Google the name you will find the website.

Sparrow

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »

Aha. Thanks.

Jari

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »

Thanks Sparkle! 😊

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 09:39:54 PM »

Hi Jari, I tried Femal years ago when I was 1st going through the menopause & posted about it on here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53.0.html

It's the 8th entry down & goes back 13 years ago when I joined for the 1st time on MM.

"I have been on Femal for about 3 weeks now & they seem to have helped, I was getting about 6 - 7 hot flushes at night & about 10 during the day. I am also taking St Johns Wort for depression as I went to my doctor (a lady) & described all the signs of the menopause, flushes, unable to concentrate, tearful, tiredness etc & do you know what the ONLY thing she suggested??? anti-depressants... I could not believe it, I asked about HRT but she said there are too many risks, I was devastated to think I would be on anti-depressants for at least 6 months. I still have the prescription in my purse but really do not want to go down that road so I am trying the herbal products. This is my first posting on this site but you all see to be friendly girls. I lost my Mum last year & do not really have anyone to chat about it too, having said that I have a wonderful husband whio is always willing to give me a cuddle when I am feeling down."

I hope this helps. Give it a go it might. It helped me for a while (can't remember for how long though).
Cazikins x

Jari

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 08:00:30 PM »

Thanks for that Cazikins! Good to hear it helped you.

Where are you at in the M journey now? X

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 09:28:57 PM »

Where are you at in the M journey now? X

Well I'm 62 now Jari & have been on HRT for many years (mainly because I needed something to help me function at work & it was the only thing I tried that worked for me). I am on Femoston ultra low dose. I have been taking 1/2 tablet a day but last week I've cut down to 1/2 tablet every other day, I need to come off it I feel, as I'm not working the hours I use to.

Give it a go Jari, there's no harm in trying it out. We're all different & everyone's journey is unique to them. It's taken me this long to finally think "do you know what Cazi, I do believe I'm out the other side".

Cazikins xx

Ms grumpy

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 03:37:32 PM »

Aha. Thanks.
thankyou for the advice shadyglade this is not an easy place to navigate I'm assuming I've posted this wrong doh must be my hormones
Has anyone tried this?

It says it contains no hormones. Also that 57% of women choose alternatives to hrt or nothing at all..

Just interested to know if anyone knows about it? X
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:12:11 PM by Emma »

Sparrow

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »

Yes, you have found the thread.  Have a read and you should be able to find the website.

Let us know if you need any help.