Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I so need my sleep  (Read 3709 times)

Foxylady

Re: I so need my sleep
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »

Insomnia really is torture, it has been the symptom which has plagued me most & is the most difficult for me to control, still not discovered the sweet spot!! x

prestige

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 10:37:13 AM »

Hi Foxylady,

I'm really interested to know what things you have tried that have either been totally useless; or been slightly successful?
HRT is not an option for me, so I'm looking for natural alternatives.

sued

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:24 PM »

Hi Prestige
Oh I felt for you following your post, lack of sleep is the pits.
My story briefly, I went on HRT when I was 37 due to early menopause. Came off it when I was 55 as I was told by consultant this is what I had to do as I had been on it long enough. This was 3 years ago and sleep since then has been virtually non existent. MyGP prescribed Pregabalin to help me relax and hopefully sleep. Some nights I don't have such a bad night, others I don't sleep. Like last Saturday, took two Pregabalin, went to bed around 10.30, still awake at 12, so got up and didn't go back to bed until 3am. I had to be up for work at 5.30 so not enough sleep to function for a days work!
I spent most of the time I was awake during the night in tears, it makes me very emotional when I can't sleep, I feel sick, and totally drained.
So I can totally understand where you are coming from and I hope now you've been and sought help it works for you.
I am at the point now I need to go and speak to someone/GP in the hope they can help but I am putting off going because I seem to have so many issues going on it's just too big a problem. I rang my surgery and they told me it's one appointment for one condition, and it's a 10 minute appointment!  So the way. I am shaping up I'm going to need their full days slots🤣🤣. Oh the joys of it all x

Foxylady

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 07:03:16 PM »

Hi prestige, unfortunately as HRT not an option for you it has been the only thing that seemed to make some improvement to the insomnia.
Prior to diagnosis of peri I tried the lady magnet, valerian, monteray cherry liquid, I'm struggling to remember everything else. I started on anti depressants for the flushes before I started the HRT as GP unsure which HRT to prescribe for me, less than a week between starting both so difficult to say whether it worked or not. The flushes came back with avengance as did some other symptoms so I think the increased dose of HRT will do the trick (so I'm hoping). I've also lost a few stone to reduce the symptoms and risks from HRT as well as general health benefits. Let us know how you get on. x

Penelope

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 05:24:40 AM »

Hi ya honey have you had your thyroid Free T3 And Free T4 taken.
Insomnia and waking is a huge symptom of thyroid.

Thyroid disease
An overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism) can cause sleep problems. The disorder overstimulates the nervous system, making it hard to fall asleep, and it may cause night sweats, leading to nighttime arousals. Feeling cold and sleepy is a hallmark of an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).

Foxylady

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 07:22:49 PM »

Hi Penelope, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 18 years ago been stable on 100mcg Levothyroxine all that time, yearly bloods. My thyroid symptoms were the opposite of my meno symptoms, other than working 12 hr shifts slept all the time I was off and no periods for a year. Thanks though for highlighting it though.
On the plus my sleep the last few days has been so much better since change in HRT patch & dose. x
Pages: 1 [2]