Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anyone get this with VA?  (Read 1026 times)

Loopsie

Anyone get this with VA?
« on: February 02, 2020, 03:30:24 PM »

I thought I was starting to turn a corner as the exterior soreness was starting to lessen.  Went to visit my son and family and the pain came back with a vengeance.  It is excruciating but mainly round the urethra area.  Not sore when I go the loo or wipe it just throbs and aches and get sharp spams as if someone has stuck a needle in my urethra.  Can anyone help?  Going to get a doc appt but I know I will have to wait 3 weeks for one or even longer.  Just can't cope with pain and it's making my visit miserable. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone get this with VA?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 03:51:27 PM »

You don't tell us if you are using treatment for VA?

Loopsie

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 04:00:12 PM »

Sorry I sue Vagifem twice a week and sylk on the other days

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:03:00 PM »

Go back to using 'vagifem' every night for 2-3 weeks.  It's a small amount and some ladies have to use it nightly.

In the mean time take a good pain relief to ease symptoms.  I get a nippy spasm at the end of a wee which makes me go cold all over.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »

Loopsie...sounds like you're having a nasty flare up.  You may need to use Vagifem much more frequently.  There are a number of us who use Vagifem and estrogen cream daily.  If I go one day without, I am in agony the following day.  I would speak with your GP and see if he/she will up your Vagifem.  Good luck.  We have all been there.

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »

Yes ovestin cream is great for exterior use.

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 09:24:02 AM »

I feel for you Loopsie,

I'm two weeks in a flare up too, all the same symptoms as you extern pain, I had to wait 6 days to see my doctor as she was busy and Australia Day holiday. My doctor told me I could reload or increase to three times a week. As I was in constant burning, I decided to do two weeks reload. I never did it at the start as my doctor said didn't need to because I was already using Ovestin.

I'm now halfway through my loading. It took me 5 days to start getting better. Still hurts but only mild pain. I'm also using Ovestin externally every second night. At the moment I'm finding he nights I'm using Ovestin, the next day even better.

This virginal atrophy is terrible, good luck to you :)

Lyncola

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 09:31:12 AM »

I just want to add now I seen my doctor and I know what she wants me to do if I have a flare up. I would not wait to see my doctor again. But I would start reloading with Vagifem. I plan to make sure I always got plenty of scripts. I'm also waiting to try samples of Yes as I'm hope it will be better then Vagisil.