Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Recurrence of Atrophy  (Read 3203 times)

Midnight Shadow

Re: Recurrence of Atrophy
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »

Thanks Birdy. Have listened to the Jane Lewis short videos on facebook. Very informativw. I have also ordered her book to read. Thought ir might give me some tips. Slept well so that was a bonus. As soon as I wake I can feel the burning and irritation starting up. Very frustrating. Hoping it subsides through the day. Doctor doesn't seem to be able to prescribe anything else and I am allergic to estriol cream. Hope you have a good day.

Kmorris

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 06:30:49 PM »

Birdy  may I ask how you apply the cream internally? Do you have a special applicator like the Vagifem?
I have been given by the GP some Silk, ( I was initially prescribed Vagifem...but I panicked when I saw it and took it back to the chemist), at the moment I am feeling comfortable using the Silk on the outside ...BUT I fear that in the future I may need something more. I have problems with the thought of using the applicators and anything else to be truthful ... what a performance this is to be sure. ???

Kmorris

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 07:59:08 AM »

Thank you Birdy. I have looked at the Facebook page, too. It's good to know that there's so much advice available.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »

Morning!

'ovestin' is also available on prescription.  It is inserted by an applicator which can be washed and reused.  If a GP suggests that once someone has done the 2 weeks loading that it isn't necessary then explain that many ladies have to use 'vagifem' nightly to get any kind of relief.

Pages: 1 [2]