Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recurrence of Atrophy  (Read 3245 times)

Midnight Shadow

Recurrence of Atrophy
« on: January 28, 2020, 01:08:51 PM »

Have had nearly two years without Atrophy, pure bliss. Now seem to be having a flare up of the wretched thing. Has this happened to anyone else? You forget how bad it is when you haven't had it for so long. Now back on the Vagifem from the Doctors. Hoping it doesn't last too long this time. Really burns when I spend a penny. Occasionally, I think it has gone, not today though. Replies appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Recurrence of Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 01:10:14 PM »

Had you stopped using the product?  That's a big No No as the treatment is for Life.  'vagifem' may be required every night as it's such a small amount, if symptoms irritate maybe take some 'nurofen' or similar often.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 06:30:50 PM »

Did you stop using Vagifem then? You need to carry on with it and not takes breaks, i wouldn't have lasedt a couple of days before mine flare up again, surprised you managed two years!

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »

Agree CLKD and Tinkerbell.  Can't imagine going for 2 years without local HRT!  Like Tinkerbell, if I go one day without vagifem and estrogen cream, I am in complete agony.  Keep up with the vagifem and DON'T STOP.  This VA is a nasty, brutal joke on all women! 

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 09:37:30 PM »

Thanks for all replies. Will definitely keep on with treatment. Like you say it is brutal and no joke. Can't use estrogen cream as this burns even more. Trust me to be sensitive to it. Thanks for replies.

Lyncola

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 04:09:24 AM »

I hate atrophy, had it over a year, improve for a couple of months, then it seems to go backwards.
I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow and will asked to increase to 3 x a week or Vagifem.

I got bad a week ago, I believe it was because I put the Vagifem to low, so for me it was like missing a dose, after one day I had burning pain on the outside  :'(

I also use Ovestin on the externally two times a week and Vagisil one or two times a day.
I'm waiting on Yes to send me samples. I live in Australia and it will cost me $35 including postage to get Yes, so to try before I buy will be great.

Hopefully my doctor will allow me to increase. Has anyone increase without there doctor orders?

Good luck with your atrophy

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 08:39:01 AM »

Gynest cream is a big No No for me. I am allergic to it. Doesn't seem much out there to help us ladies.  :'(

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 10:04:46 PM »

I really wish estriol cream didn't make me burn. I used the Gynest cream and it was awful. I must be very sensitive in that area Had a great morning today, but a big flare up during the afternoon and this evening. Suppose I should be greatful for a few hours relief. Hate going to the toilet as it makes burning much worse. Hope we can all sleep tonight. Praying for a better day tomorrow.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 10:36:54 PM »

Thanks Birdy, I will look at that. I was wondering if I might have a UTI. Might be a trip to the Doctors in the morning. Thanks for replying.

Lyncola

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 09:00:26 AM »

Hi Birdy,
I've got virginal atrophy problems and waiting for the lovely people at Yes to send me out free samples. I live in Australia and thinking about trying Olive and Bee. So two questions for you

1- have you use both Yes and Olive and Bee? If yes did you found they the same or one better then the other?

2- if you had bad external pain? How did you find Olive and bee?

At the moment I'm using Vagisil two times a day, Vagifem two times a week (doing every night for a week because I have a flare up at the moment) and Ovestin externally two nights a week.

Thanks Lyncola

Lyncola

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 02:03:17 AM »

Hi Birdy,
thanks for you reply, the Vagisil I'm currently use is a ProHydrate external hydrating gel. Ingredients is- aqua, glycerin, propanedol, carbomer, sodium, hyaluronate, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium hydroxide. ??????????????????

Sadly in Australia you don't have much choice at the chemist. So it's why I'm looking forward to getting my Yes samples and I will order Olive and Bee too. I wish I could buy both of these in my chemist. To get both yes and olive posted to me I'm looking at $35 and $32. Hopefully they will last for a long.

And yes I will always be taking Vagifem or something like it until the day I die. I'm only 45 so a lot off years to go  :'(

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 10:10:10 PM »

Some great replies. I have ordered some olive and bee. Can't wait to try it as spending a penny is burning so much. Doctor thought it may be thrush. Urine sample sent off awaiting results. I know myself it is Atrophy. Kept a diary last time and symptons are exactly the same. Anyone else find some days are better than others? A good weekend, today a nightmare. Doctor has allowed me to do another weeks plus reload. Wish Vagifem would work quicker. Thanks for responses.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 07:32:16 AM »

Thanks Birdy, interesting you mention stress can aggravate it. My sister mentioned stress. I try not to sit too much , but do entertain regularly at an elderly peopls home playing the keyboard and tbat involves sitting for quute a time. At least I am now retired so don't have to sit on small chairs helping children. Maybe it won't take so long to go this time. Cream should arrive today so fingers crossed.

Lyncola

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 09:15:57 AM »

Midnight Shadow

I would love to know what you think of Olive and Bee after you use it. With my virginal atrophy flare up, I decided to do the two week loading, my doctor never let me when I started in November as she said I was already using Ovestin, I'm using Ovestin externally every second night.

I'm now halfway through loading. I seem to be slowly getting better, but yes I think you do have good days and bad. It's interesting about stress, I wouldn't say I'm a stressful person, but when I'm out having fun and distracted, I can forget about it. But when working and a lot happening it seems to be more noticeable. Im currently waiting for samples of Yes, that I can't wait to try. The only reason I'm trying Yes before Olive and Bee, is the Yes talks about virginal atrophy on the website. Where Olive only mentions menopause, and I was confused if they where talking about painful sex with menopause or atrophy?

Good luck and please let me know how you go with Olive and Bee.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »

I couldn't agree with Birdy more when she says VA tests our mettle and can be worse when it returns. It is certainly testing mine tonight. Hope I can sleep. Burning sensation is beyond a joke. I really need a quick fix, don't want this for the next few months or even weeks. Come on vagifem get to work. Olive and Bee is soothing, but not for long. Will persevere with that, haven't been using it very long. Tried an ice pack to sooth burning but not sure it helps. Pleased I didn't have a UTI don't think I have thrush either. Rant over. What a great site for support.
Pages: [1] 2