Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie Reporting In....  (Read 767 times)

Bag

Newbie Reporting In....
« on: January 28, 2020, 05:35:59 PM »

Greetings.....

Feel pants at throwing in the towel.....and making appointment with GP for next week to see if HRT can get me feeling a fit 55 year old rather than the emotionally and physically crippled one I morphed into practically overnight  :'( :'( :'(

I suffered a total breakdown in 2015 (pre-menopause) at 50 when I was jilted at the altar (devastating at 20, but at 50......well, you can imagine) and have come A LONG way since then.  A long way literally as last year I ditched EVERYTHING to relocate 120 miles west - I've left behind my job, my friends, my family to start again and rebuild my shattered self.

I thought I was coping Ok with the menopause but I'm now in terrible pain almost everywhere, don't sleep properly, am exhausted most of the time and don't get me started on 'the fog' where I feel out of my own body just observing myself having a conversation :'( :'( :'( The thing is, how do I know if this is menopause rather than just a physical reaction to the PTSD from events of 2015? :'(

I'm terrified of HRT to be honest not least because on the minipill I bled every single day and the thought of ANY bleeding EVER again just wrecks me.  Even on the combined pill I'd pass clots the size of golf balls albeit only on 2 days rather than 6 or 7 when not on any hormones.

If ANYONE can cheer me up I'll send you all the most massive virtual hugs,

Luv Bag x

sheila99

Re: Newbie Reporting In....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »

I don't know much about ptsd but it sounds like meno symptoms to me. You might find the 'advice for husbands' pinned post useful. There's no need to be frightened of hrt. I didn't get on well with the pill but have been fine with hrt, though it may be a little time before you the one that suits you. If I was you I'd see your doctor to discuss it, you can hardly feel worse.  ???

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 06:31:32 PM »

Hi there bag and welcome to the forum
So so sorry to hear about your being jilted at the alter,what a piece of scum,that says more about him/her than it does you 'that's for sure
I'm not on hrt and have muddled through,yes,I've had some awful blips but hopefully I've come through the other end,still have times when anxiety gets the better of me but I know the signs now and can pull myself out of it.
This forum saved me from depression and crippling anxiety,they?re a great bunch of women on here,so ask,literally anything
Also,if you want a laugh,read the funny side of menopause

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 07:02:17 PM »

Hi!  I think that there's a book in that story somewhere ;-) when you feel strong enough!

Don't worry about HRT.  It isn't giving in that's for sure, any more than why we eat when hungry!  H[ormone]R[placement]T[herapy] does what it says on the tin, gives some ladies back their life.  Why suffer?  It doesn't need to be for ever, except treatment for vaginal atrophy!  Do read and make notes on that 1!

Do you have contact with anyone from 'back there'? 

As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains so do take a good pain relief.  Also, the body may become dry: inside and out  :o - skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, scalp, eyes, vagina  :o - 4 me it was like razor blades up there!!

Have a browse round. Make notes whoops I've said that already  ::). We have a thread about doing 'stupid things'  ::)

Have you register with a GP, go along to see the Practice Nurse for a well woman check - BP, blood tests, urine test and discuss HRT.  You may be tired as a reaction to the events or it could be low VitD levels.

Ask away. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 08:07:28 PM »

Hi Bag.
Just wanted to welcome you.
Your very brave to take off like that, I lift my hat to you. Well, I would if I had one.
Ask anything you like, someones always on to offer advice and support.

:welcomemm:

Jd xx

Bag

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 08:21:10 PM »

Aww, thanks....

Wish I'd found you guys a while ago.

Feel utterly wretched right now but I'll discuss it all with GP next week. It doesn't help that after having the same doc for years I'm now in an unfamiliar place having to talk to a total stranger.

Things must be bad....I'm watching Love Island and enjoying it..... :-\

Xx

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:28:42 PM »

That's definitely mid life crisis if you're enjoying love island  ;D

Bag

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »

It isn't fair....most mid-life crises involve 25 year old toyboys and motorbikes....The Bag, however, lands herself ruddy Love Island.... :o

Very. Big. Sigh. Indeed..... :-\

Xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 09:38:09 PM »

Nooooooo.  NOT LOVE ISLAND!!!!!!!!  :neutral:

You do need to see the doc! 🤣😂🤣

Xx