Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi and help with HRT dosage please!  (Read 719 times)

Webdeak

Hi and help with HRT dosage please!
« on: January 27, 2020, 03:35:47 PM »

Afternoon and thank you for letting me join. It has been very reassuring to discover I am not alone in this!

I had a partial hysterectomy (one ovary left) five years ago so went into menopause "naturally". I was not aware I was suffering with the familiar symptoms until I started falling asleep at my desk at work   in the afternoon and remembered someone telling me this was a telling sign she needed HRT help.

Initially I was prescribed Everol 25 and these had an immediate, positive effect, as others have said; libido returned, energy levels restored, brain clearer, emotions more level. After about four months I notice the emotions, brain fog and decline in sex drive creeping back. The doctor agreed I needed to increase to 50 however I had to switch to Estradot due to Everol shortage. Estradot relieved the symptoms a little, but I am still a blubbering mess far too often, have regular "pressure band" headaches, fatigue and lack of libido. I don't know if I need yet a higher dose which feels a little scary or if estradot simply does not work as well for me.

I am back to the docs tomorrow and would really value any advice or thoughts so i can go there armed with my own prognosis...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi and help with HRT dosage please!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »

Hi you may need a hike in dosage.

Sounds about 'normal' from where I'm sitting  ::).  Browse round.  Make notes.  MayB decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  Keeping a mood/symptom/food diary might be useful.

Let us know how you get on at the GP!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 07:32:13 PM »

Sounds like you need a higher dose. Good luck.

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 03:22:46 PM »

I'd agree with the other ladies....sounds like your own hormones have dropped even further and the Estrodot dose isn't enough x