Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 191966 times)

Two hoots

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2580 on: October 19, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »

:hotflash: :hotflash: :hotflash: :hotflash: :hotflash: :hotflash:

Lockdown again from Friday at 6 until 9th November, only essential shops open, everyone else to stay at home  >:( How can it work if its only our little country doing it, Wales must have the strictest rules in Europe and our numbers are not that high, nothing compared to the north of England  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2581 on: October 19, 2020, 02:13:16 PM »

Mnachester, Bradford and close areas are under some kind of restriction.  Get those loo rolls.  Fast  ;)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2582 on: October 19, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »

I heard it's to stop the NHS getting overwhelmed TH, as they know what's about to happen.
xx

CLKD

« Reply #2583 on: October 19, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »

Why would they get overwhelmed  :-\ unless as many of us are aware, there hasn't been enough NHS staff for years++.  That the UK health service has struggled with staffing numbers and emergency crews but the facts haven't reached the Press.  That's where the Nightingales come in.  Surely?   The government has had since March to sort this possibility.  Some 'experts' said that there wouldn't be a surge of Covid; others told us that there wouldn't be a 'flu outbreak .............

I'm really fed up now. 

Two hoots

« Reply #2584 on: October 19, 2020, 04:54:13 PM »

I heard it's to stop the NHS getting overwhelmed TH, as they know what's about to happen.
xx

Its what we are told but the figures dont add up, there is a hospital thats busy but the virus was caught in there they didnt catch it before they were admitted.  They built 19 extra hospitals all over the country and one was used last time, and even then it was for a handful of patients.

Last week Wales in total had 2,971 cases, it sounds really high, compare it to Rochdale they had over 1000,  here everything closes on Friday except essential shops, cant go out without a good excuse mustn’t meet anyone from outside your household.  If the figures go down, they will creep back up again once everything reopens  >:( in my opinion lockdown is not the solution.

CLKD

« Reply #2585 on: October 19, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »

There are nurses standing idle because they are supposed to be treating C-19 sufferers but haven't had any admitted  ::).  I think that Consultants must begin to stand up for their own specialities ....... more and more stories have come out this weekend about patients whose important treatments have been stopped with dire consequences.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2586 on: October 19, 2020, 06:12:48 PM »

Virus is only high in certain areas of northern England. I'm in the North, and our area is level 1 or medium. Personally Wales doing a two week lockdown is a good idea, whether it works is another matter, also think the rest of the country should follow.

Two hoots

« Reply #2587 on: October 19, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »

I live in Wales and I dont think its a good idea, since March I’ve been allowed to leave this county between 6 July and 26 September a total of 12 weeks, its cutting family and friends off for months at a time, enough is enough  >:(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:46:00 PM by Two hoots »

CLKD

« Reply #2588 on: October 19, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »

It's Trial and Error - until the idea is trialled it won't be known how much help a lockdown will give.  What Boris should do is to insist that all countries have a 3 weeks lockdown ........... to stop people travelling unless it's an essential journey.  Fire breaks work in nature ........ but humans don't work with nature.

Sparrow

« Reply #2589 on: October 19, 2020, 09:19:39 PM »

Virus is only high in certain areas of northern England. I'm in the North, and our area is level 1 or medium. Personally Wales doing a two week lockdown is a good idea, whether it works is another matter, also think the rest of the country should follow.

No thanks. 

We have around 30 per 100,000 in Kent.  What would be the point??

CLKD

« Reply #2590 on: October 20, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »

I've given up on the reasons 'why' when twitchers in their 100s flocked to see a rare bird so small it was lucky to be seen! and that lockdown gives us 3-5 days to prepare - let's have a party then !  :-\ .  If it isn't immediate I don't see the point.  We're all stocked up with loo rolls by now, surely?  The 3 affected towns in area in which I live has never been below the parapet since May.

groundhog

« Reply #2591 on: October 20, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »

I live in Wales and I dont think its a good idea, since March I’ve been allowed to leave this county between 6 July and 26 September a total of 12 weeks, its cutting family and friends off for months at a time, enough is enough  >:(

I live in wales too and I agree.  Where I live the incidence is quite low ( but more on that later ) but Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire ( 30 miles Way from me ) it’s even less.  Terrible for them as they have worked so hard to keep numbers low and now feel back to square one.
My son in law has it and he’s been so careful, we thought OTT at times yet he’s succumbed.  He’s had to accurately document his movements last two weeks ( easy as they don’t go anywhere) and they can not track where he got it from which is worrying.  It must be school but then you’d think there would be more cases.
I know not seeing my family for another two weeks is just soul destroying .  Plus worrying about family members losing jobs,  and I’m not sure the evidence is there.
I wouldn’t want to be the First Minister that’s for sure 😷

CLKD

« Reply #2592 on: October 20, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »

Teresa - loo rolls don't wash well  :-\  ;D - is it on loan?

Sparrow

« Reply #2593 on: October 21, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »

CLKD

« Reply #2594 on: October 26, 2020, 01:20:09 PM »

Tesco 'wrong' over period products ban, says minister [Wales]

Tesco were “simply wrong” to tell a woman she could not buy period products during lockdown, Wales' health minister has said.

The supermarket has since apologised and admitted it had incorrectly applied rules that say they can only sell essential items until November 9.

It later said an area of its store in St Mellons, Cardiff had been cordoned off due to a break-in.

The issue has prompted protests and calls for the Senedd to be recalled.

Wonder what is classed as 'essential' these days.  Pity that they didn't stop a menopausal woman  ;D or a man buying condoms?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 179