Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 193004 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1605 on: April 22, 2020, 10:48:36 AM »

Both Asda's and Sainsbury's let me know I was vulnerable! it's been a huge relief and I'm grateful. I do not want to venture out as I have made rather too much of minor respiratory infections in the recent past. I only fulfil 2 of the government's requirements for shielding. I don't require oral steroids when I am well. I think I shall carry on going for a walk in the evening, when the pollen count is not high. I live on the edge of a village and last night I saw no one apart from the man in a Tesco's delivery van! And it's easy to keep a distance from others on the unmade road that I go on. I'm too scared to go to a shop. DH is being very cautious, though he will collect my meds. I'm fortunate.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1606 on: April 22, 2020, 11:20:50 AM »

Morning Ju Ju - it's working for you, don't change it?  How did the supermarket have details of your possible vulnerability ?   Big Brother  ;D

milly

« Reply #1607 on: April 22, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »

The system is working I think,

I am shielding, having had NHS letter, I get the government food box weekly, and Sainsbury's, Tesco, Morrison's, Asda and Iceland have all texted or emailed to offer me priority slots on home delivery.

I have chosen Sainsbury's as that is who I usually shop with, have had a delivery on Monday and will have regular Monday slot for the foreseeable.

I have requested my gov food box now goes elsewhere, to someone who may be still waiting for a priority slot with the supermarkets.

The boxes are very good, varied and over 20 food items plus household stuff.

Two hoots

« Reply #1608 on: April 22, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »

The welsh government are looking at stopping people living in their second homes in Wales. Apart from the Cardiff /Newport area we haven't been too badly hit and want to keep it that way, I'm sure other rural areas would welcome the same rules.

Ju Ju

« Reply #1609 on: April 22, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »

Morning Ju Ju - it's working for you, don't change it?  How did the supermarket have details of your possible vulnerability ?   Big Brother  ;D

No I filled some government form in to say I was vulnerable and why. Thought that would be the end of it as I didn't completely meet the requirements of being extremely vulnerable but I was contacted by Sainsbury's and Asda's.

CLKD

« Reply #1610 on: April 22, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »

Good on them!!!

Perinowpost

« Reply #1611 on: April 22, 2020, 04:35:15 PM »

Ju Ju I've been completing them for my residents. Can you remember Did you ✔️ Yes or No when it asked if you had any support with shopping?x

milly

« Reply #1612 on: April 22, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »

Yes everyone who has had an NHS letter, I think it's 1.5 million of us.

The advice I was given was to accept it until I was sure I had a priority slot with a supermarket.

ElkWarning

« Reply #1613 on: April 22, 2020, 06:00:57 PM »

Managed to see my son today, for the first time since 13th March.  He's massively heavily shielded as he has a congenital life limiting and life threatening condition - has previously been admitted to ICU over 20 times in any event.  He's been assigned NHS volunteer who's able to help with shopping, daily outside of the house tasks, etc.

I'm still finding the whole situation extremely distressing.

CLKD

« Reply #1614 on: April 22, 2020, 06:02:53 PM »

Ungrateful git ........... there are people trying to make sure that no one starves  :-\

It's noticeable that the Church lacks communication with ex-Parishiners  >:(.  3 people who used to go to Church or Chapel have had no contact from their respective Vicars .......... out of sight?

How is your son feeling ElkWarning?  What do you miss the most - another thread maybe so that you don't get lost?

Tc

« Reply #1615 on: April 22, 2020, 10:57:07 PM »

Still waiting for my letter.. ::)

Teresa. Go onto the govt site and register. Some ppl havent had letters who should have so I think that's why they set it up.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

Xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #1616 on: April 23, 2020, 06:29:45 AM »

Ju Ju I've been completing them for my residents. Can you remember Did you ✔️ Yes or No when it asked if you had any support with shopping?x

I think I said yes for having support.

Ju Ju

« Reply #1617 on: April 23, 2020, 06:42:46 AM »

I think the guidelines for requirement are rather rigid and for asthma , just looks at medication requirements when you are well. I think that's why I got a text from the GP who is most familiar with my medical history and is aware of what can happen with respiratory infections.

I did go out for a walk last night, just before dusk and didn't meet a soul. I wouldn't risk this if I lived in a busier place. I felt all the better for it, both physically and mentally.

CLKD

« Reply #1618 on: April 23, 2020, 08:15:27 AM »

A big discussion on last night's 6 ITV News.

What isn't reported often even in 'normal' times, is the waiting list and deaths for those needing organ transplants because 1 has to be 'healthy' in order to qualify. 

We are going to be in lockdown for months according to the update yesterday afternoon.  But public transport is going to be re-opened - how will that work then  :cuss:

Consultants dying  :'(. - if the medics can't get distancing etc. right in an already controlled environment ........ there really needs to be a system in place where medics/carers remain on hospital property and not go into public spaces.  Not much hope for the rest of us.

As for some hospitals, they have been ordered not to take in ordinary patients to continue treatment but are standing empty  :-\.  R there enough clinicians to man the Nightingale Hospitals: will they be taken from main hospitals to work in Nightingale leaving beds vacant across the UK?

In November the UK was 40,000 nurses short  :'(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:40:41 AM by CLKD »

Barnacle

« Reply #1619 on: April 23, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »

Teresa, that is so true. My Mum feels so damn lucky that her outcome has been so positive, but knows that it could have been a very different story.
She had bloods done second week of January for something unrelated. They came back borderline anaemia. Her Dr said because of her age (74) he wanted a stool sample tested. First week of Feb results came back, two weeks later bowel cancer confirmed. Had operation last week of March and was told last week that no further treatment needed.

My thoughts are with everyone waiting for treatment or testing x
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 179