Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 200908 times)

Katejo

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1425 on: April 11, 2020, 06:55:16 PM »

Have been told if you're over 55 and need an ambulance you are way down the list..
Unless you are Boris Johnson.

Katejo

« Reply #1426 on: April 11, 2020, 06:58:41 PM »

Oh, forgot to say. 😆 Brain in a tiz! 🤯

OHs home.  :ola:

He's doing ok too. A little breathless, but ok.
He's got to take it easy though.
6/8 weeks recovery, so doc told him.
He's due a scan in about 4 weeks times, to assess any damage.
On his GP/ dishcharge letter, it says, Covid19 related illness. So even after four tests, which all came back negative, they still assume it was covid19.
It seems all covid19 patients, have this particular pneumonia. ( obviously, if it effects them that far)
His clothes are resting in the garage, still in their bags, covered in disenfectant, for the next 72 hours, like instructed.
He's showered, and had some dinner. So alls good at the moment. xx
  really glad that he is improving. 🙂

Annie0710

« Reply #1427 on: April 11, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »

Aw Jillydoll this is fantastic news.  Please pass my best wishes to your husband

I have to take a step back regarding others stupidity and selfishness  during this.  it's because Of them my hubby (the breadwinner) cannot return to work and like I said before, financially ruining us.  These ones breaking the rules will be either on benefits where their normal (ish) life isn't interrupted or they are enjoying the break (and don't get me wrong, I can see why they would) and can financially manage on the furlough/self employed scheme

I keep seeing on our local Facebook pages how everyone is falling and all the rule keepers are being mocked for moaning

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1428 on: April 11, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »

It's up to the Police to enforce which they will do if called.  They seem more intent on telling us what we can put into shopping trolleys than putting effort into following their noses towards BBQs, extra noise etc..  In some towns they are tapping on the doors at B&Bs asking if they are having visitors  >:(. Surely extra vehicles in the area would point to B&Bs being in business?

Easy to target those who might be breaking the Law?  Moving a family of 4 off a blanket where they were sitting to get fresh air and educate their twins about lambs, when there was NO ONE else other than the copper in the area.  It was their own field  :bang: :bang: :bang:, the copper climbed over a gate and walked across to ask them to move: another telling children off for playing in their own front garden?  :-\

jillydoll - so pleased that he is HOME  :hapij: ...... but there is too much assumption about C-19 - if he had been infected after 4 tests it should have shown.  Unless the NHS hasn't bought the ones that actually work?  Does he have an appt. for the scan or will that be a rolling appt.?   Wonder whether you will sleep or lay watching him ;-). xx

Sparrow

« Reply #1429 on: April 11, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »

I said all along that it would never work 100%.  There are always those that don't understand, or don't want to understand.  A thirty pound fine is hardly likely to have people quaking in their boots.  Personally I can't see myself reporting anybody.  There are big dangers to society, when this is all over. Not only will the economy be trashed but we will still have to live with our heighbours.  It's all to reminiscent of the Stasi and their informers for my liking.  That was, and still is very damaging.

As for some of the numpty things the police are doing, that was to be expected as well.  My son showed me footage of the police threatening a man with pepper spray.  All he had done was leave a bag of groceries on his mother's doorstep.  He received an apology but it's just not good enough.

These are scary times and it's not just the virus.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1430 on: April 11, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »

Sadly many people who join the Forces want to be able to control others.  My first thought was 'reporting neighbours in the 1930s ended up with the death camps  :'( ' ........... I believe that those who are over 'enthusiastic' in their apparent 2020 policing advice should be weeded out .......

It shows how quickly neighbour blaggs about neighbour and how soon it could become a Police State.  Continues to show how far removed from Real Life those in Westminster happen to be? they forget who put them there!

Two hoots

« Reply #1431 on: April 11, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »

Oh Jillydoll you must be so relieved he's home, it's nice to have some good news  :)

Barnacle

« Reply #1432 on: April 11, 2020, 09:55:27 PM »

Aw Jillydoll, i'm so,so pleased to hear that xx

sheila99

« Reply #1433 on: April 11, 2020, 10:24:36 PM »

You can't have it both ways. If we want to limit the spread of the virus the lock down has to be enforced. Yes, there are examples of police going OTT but look how confused we've been about what is and what isn't allowed, no surprise some policemen have been too. If you don't want the lock down to be enforced you have to accept there will be thousands more deaths.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1434 on: April 11, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »

Thank you ladies. Xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #1435 on: April 12, 2020, 05:01:28 AM »

So pleased for you both jillydoll fabulous news.

Best wishes to you both

Lanzalover x

Ju Ju

« Reply #1436 on: April 12, 2020, 05:05:41 AM »

You can't have it both ways. If we want to limit the spread of the virus the lock down has to be enforced. Yes, there are examples of police going OTT but look how confused we've been about what is and what isn't allowed, no surprise some policemen have been too. If you don't want the lock down to be enforced you have to accept there will be thousands more deaths.

I agree! My husband was a policeman. I shall quote him. ? Police officers are recruited from the public, so you are going to get good police officers and bad ones and many in between,?

Don't damn the whole police force for the inappropriate behaviour of the few. They are all under tremendous pressures like all other services. They often see people behaving at their worst. People, who might be lovely human beings at other times. Many police officers join the force, because they genuinely want to help others, not because they want to control others. I can say this because I met many, many of my husband's colleagues. Most were lovely human beings. But one or two should not have been let loose.......

Ju Ju

« Reply #1437 on: April 12, 2020, 05:12:54 AM »

Just caught up with Jillydolls news. What relief! As with any pneumonia, his lungs will take a long time to heal. Tell him to be patient, if he gets frustrated, as I did after ?normal ? pneumonia. It just takes time .......months........before you get to feeling more like you. But you get there.

littleminnie

« Reply #1438 on: April 12, 2020, 07:37:36 AM »

So pleased he's home Jilly, and as the weather is so good he can rest up in the garden and get his Vitamin D levels up.  (No getting him to cut the grass!! Lol)

Joaniepat

« Reply #1439 on: April 12, 2020, 08:32:14 AM »

Brilliant that he's home jd, hope all goes well with his recovery 😘
JP x
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 179