Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 200723 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1140 on: March 31, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »

It bothers me, all this taking Mr J to hospital and back ......... without keeping him isolated to find out exactly what might be the problem  >:(.  Emergency admissions should be kept in until such time as results are returned so that correct and appropriate treatment can be administered.  The risk of his picking up a Hospital-acquired infection raises each time he is moved.  The risk to Emergency Staff when they move him into/out of/back home must be immense at a time when we are being asked to safe distance  :-\.  If there has been a C-19 test then surely to goodness 1 stays in Hospital until the Result is back  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #1141 on: March 31, 2020, 11:33:17 AM »

:'(

Salad

« Reply #1142 on: March 31, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »

Keep going Jillydoll- what a roller coaster you?re on.
Thank you for the update jaypo, everyone needs an awesome friend like you  :bighug:

Lanzalover

« Reply #1143 on: March 31, 2020, 12:45:07 PM »

Thanks for the update jaypo

What a journey they've been on. Hopefully Mr JD will now start to feel a little better.
Sending good wishes to them both and for Jillydoll :foryou:

Lanzalover x

Lanzalover

« Reply #1144 on: March 31, 2020, 01:37:59 PM »

So sorry to read this latest update.

Thinking of them both during this awful time and sending healing wishes.

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #1145 on: March 31, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »

Why do they keep carting him about  >:(  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Taz2

« Reply #1146 on: March 31, 2020, 01:48:19 PM »

Such a difficult time! I hope that he is now well and truly on the mend.

A friend of ours was treated in hospital for suspected Covid-19 as he had a high fever and after a few days developed pneumonia. The feeling that he had the virus masked the real cause of his illness and he ended up with a perforated appendix and sepsis - no Covid-19 at all. It must be so difficult for the medical staff to know what to do for the best in these frantic times. He's home  now after two weeks in hospital.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #1147 on: March 31, 2020, 02:54:35 PM »

I don't think that they are not interested I just think that in some parts of the country the NHS is already totally overstretched although the politicians would have us believe otherwise. I hope we succeed in flattening the peak for long enough. It's like double worry  now... hope I don't get the Coronavirus.. and... hope I don't get anything else. Scary to see the doctors  surgery all shuttered with only one door open and patients queuing across the road.

Taz x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1148 on: March 31, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »

Hi Everyone. And thank you to all well wishes. xx

He was sent home this morning again after spending all night in A&E.
it was found out by blood tests that the infection had gone, and to stop the antibiotics straight away as they were making him sick. His temperature at the time of going in last night was nearly 41. The highest it's ever been. He wasn't ?all there? and kept repeating the same stuff over. The paramedic inputted all his vital signs into their PDA thingy, and she said it came back as 5 and 6. It determines if the person needs hospital intervention. .....now because he had an infection, and covid19 symptoms, which, if you've no breathing difficulties, or anything like that, basically, stay at home, because there's nothing anyone can do for you, they were talking about what to do. Do they take him, or leave him? Considering everyone's over stretched at the hospital and it's a high risk for infection, it was really a toss up on what to do. The paramedic said, had there NOT been this covid thing going on, given the results out of this PDA thingy, they would definitely be taking him in. ....after a short discussion between the two paramedics, and us, they decided to take him. His breaths were a little fast and he developed a cough.
So after tests, bloods, ect they sent him home. As I've said, the infection has cleared up. So that's something. As for anything else, he has to ride it out, for however long it lasts.
They also said his kidneys were good. ( that's where we think the infection was, although there's no definitive answer) and that's it. ....There is noway we would've called an ambulance again for him, if we thought he didn't need it. He looked like he was dying. He's lost a lot of weight, The doc said don't worry about eating. Just drink. He was unsteady on his feet when he went to the toilet, he was wet with sweat, and incoherent , very easily confused.

He came home, went to bed and has only woke twice today, each time to go toilet and have a drink water after. There's nothing more I/ we can do. it's just got to run it's course. But now we now the infections gone, it does make us happier knowing it's not doing any damage.
One down, one to go. ! 
Stay safe everyone, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. ....xxxx

Two hoots

« Reply #1149 on: March 31, 2020, 03:33:17 PM »

:bighug:

Keep being strong  :)

Tc

« Reply #1150 on: March 31, 2020, 03:38:55 PM »

Jilly. Thank you for updating us.  Thank goodness the infection has gone. I can imagine sepsis was a huge worry.   Can you ask doc for something he can drink like a build up drink if he cant eat. ?  Or maybe an electrolyte drink to replace what he is losing by sweating..

How are you sweetheart?

Xxxx

Katejo

« Reply #1151 on: March 31, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »

Hi Everyone. And thank you to all well wishes. xx

He was sent home this morning again after spending all night in A&E.
it was found out by blood tests that the infection had gone, and to stop the antibiotics straight away as they were making him sick. His temperature at the time of going in last night was nearly 41. The highest it's ever been. He wasn't ?all there? and kept repeating the same stuff over. The paramedic inputted all his vital signs into their PDA thingy, and she said it came back as 5 and 6. It determines if the person needs hospital intervention. .....now because he had an infection, and covid19 symptoms, which, if you've no breathing difficulties, or anything like that, basically, stay at home, because there's nothing anyone can do for you, they were talking about what to do. Do they take him, or leave him? Considering everyone's over stretched at the hospital and it's a high risk for infection, it was really a toss up on what to do. The paramedic said, had there NOT been this covid thing going on, given the results out of this PDA thingy, they would definitely be taking him in. ....after a short discussion between the two paramedics, and us, they decided to take him. His breaths were a little fast and he developed a cough.
So after tests, bloods, ect they sent him home. As I've said, the infection has cleared up. So that's something. As for anything else, he has to ride it out, for however long it lasts.
They also said his kidneys were good. ( that's where we think the infection was, although there's no definitive answer) and that's it. ....There is noway we would've called an ambulance again for him, if we thought he didn't need it. He looked like he was dying. He's lost a lot of weight, The doc said don't worry about eating. Just drink. He was unsteady on his feet when he went to the toilet, he was wet with sweat, and incoherent , very easily confused.

He came home, went to bed and has only woke twice today, each time to go toilet and have a drink water after. There's nothing more I/ we can do. it's just got to run it's course. But now we now the infections gone, it does make us happier knowing it's not doing any damage.
One down, one to go. ! 
Stay safe everyone, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. ....xxxx
It does sound horrible. Let's hope for improvement by tomorrow.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1152 on: March 31, 2020, 03:45:47 PM »

Hi ,
Thanx TH I'm trying, I have had a meltdown, yesterday I think it was, think I needed it. Feel better now for it. xx

Tc. Hi.  I gave him some electrolytes, put it in his drink, yeah, he spat it out.! 😡 Said it tasted awful. He says the taste in his mouth is just dreadful, can't taste a thing, and even his smell has gone. As for anything like food, it's a no, no. He has had a little weetabix tho. Not today, the other day,and an apple, cut up into chunks,  now I don't think he?ll eat anything.
But the doctor doesn't worry over things like that, it?ll all come back when he's better. xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1153 on: March 31, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »

Thanx Birdy. ....it is, it's a living nightmare. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #1154 on: March 31, 2020, 03:48:18 PM »

Hot Bovril or redybrek?  Runny not cooked thickly? 

ABs can alter the sense of taste.  As can infection.  Zinc is a common after taste  :-\

you must be knackered  :tulips2:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 179