Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192372 times)

Donnadoobie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2020, 07:54:00 AM »

I have been seeing on several sites that a loss of smell and taste is an early sign if  covid 19.  This is due to attacking the nervous system and destroying cells in the nose. 

Also, more people seem to be reporting sore throats as well as the temp and cough.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2020, 09:54:55 AM »

Thanks Stellajane.  We will struggle but with the support of our wonderful childminding families we may just about get through it.  Worked out finances until September ?it ain't pretty? but we will push through.

Sending loads of activities and things to parents with kids driving them mad this week, maybe they will appreciate us more!  Ha ha I can dream.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #932 on: March 26, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »

Tc - they have 'fallen sick'.  There are lots of Winter/Spring bugs around every year.  We are all hypersensitive to C-19 and I think that makes people feel worse than they might do if they could think 'it's the usual bug, it will pass'.

I had a headache last night but woke without symptoms, it's background - probably due to a combination of not drinking enough and busy dreams.

How's Mr jillydoll this morning?

Tc

« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2020, 10:35:52 AM »

Yesterday  my  mum reminded me how unwell I was with a "bug" in February and said maybe I've already had it. 

I looked back at my posts here and emails to a friend And indeed  I had said that I had caught a bug.  And said I thought maybe from being crammed into rush hour tube trains for 2 days. It wouldnt be the first time and my immunity isnt the best.

I had said I had a headache and cough. I was very tired and took to bed.  I then had pain in chest and  in my upper back between and under shoulder blades and my breathing was affected. I have mild astma which can flare up with a virus or cold. But it scared me as it was so severe.   My doc said chest sounded o.k and the "bug" had probably brought on my astma. So it made sense and it all eased off within about a week.   I said I was "like a furnace" . Not unusual for us meno ladies but I hadnt had flushes for months even with low E.  I had  just had mirena fitted and implant so I put it down to that. Which of course it might have been.

But.. The weirdest thing was I had realy bad  unexplained pain in my legs right down to calves which started at same time. .  . I was on here asking  you ladies  about it and whether it could be mirena. . I have never had such unusual pain and the onset was so sudden. . I couldnt sleep with it.. it persisted for a couple weeks then  subsided then mysteriously  stopped  completely and hasnt returned.

The reason I'm saying this is  I would be pleased if I have already had it and got through it because  if we find out it provides immunity I would then be able to help my friends and family , particularly the older ones who may be isolated for a long time. and maybe i could even do some voluntary  community work. Without fear of putting others at risk.

We realy  need these tests. But it makes sense what the govt has said about it possibly doing more harm than good to test anti bodies until we know more and are  sure the test is accurate. .

But my point is ordinary people like me (not a key worker) who had these symptoms but aren't sure,  if we were tested (after key workers of course) and it turns out we are  immune we could also then go back into the community and help the crisis effort.

Of course, atm we cannot assume weve had it.  it would be dangerous to do so. We must all act as though we are NOT  immune. And as I understand it there is not yet enough evidence to guarantee immunity even for those who have tested positive.

Just my thoughts.

Jilly. How are things?
Xxxx

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:53:04 AM by Tc »

sheila99

« Reply #934 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:16 AM »

I don't think they've proved yet that if you've had it you can't get it again? Perhaps we'll get some clarity on that when the test is available, but it might be wise for anyone in a vulnerable group to be cautious.

Perinowpost

« Reply #935 on: March 26, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »

I think the pain in your legs was the mirena Tc as I had the same thing. Re the virus though my daughter and her family were all really ill before Christmas and all their symptoms correspondence with what they?re saying about C virus. We have all wondered if it's been about longer than we know x

Tc

« Reply #936 on: March 26, 2020, 11:42:15 AM »

Absolutely sheila. I look at it as  In protecting myself I am protecting others   even for the fact that  astma puts me in the vulnerable group.and as   I live alone if I fell very unwell and needed help someone else would have to put themself at risk to give me that help. Whether it be medical or otherwise.

Perrin. During Jan and Feb I know of several otherwise fit and healthy friends who had sudden chest and breathing problems bad enough to take them to hospital. All were released after chest xrays.  All have recovered well.  But it does make one question how long? Knowing if people had it back then adjusts the timeline and maybe would go towards the quest to track and predict the spread.  Also it might help in the research to establish if and how immunity happens.  Those who had it first and recovered could be followed up for any new symptoms.

Stay safe ladies. Xxx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #937 on: March 26, 2020, 11:53:02 AM »

Just saw a clip from that morning programme (Philip schofield,holly willoughby) they were looking through the window of their studio saying ....just look at that,all those people out walking,folk sailing,all those cars and I'm thinking,ermmmmm and how did you guys get to the studio,dr who's tardis? The hypocrisy in this country,why aren't THEY staying at home,I personally don't think their tv programme is a necessity

I agree  jaypo.  i wish Schofield would go into self isolation. he gets on my nerves and as you say their show is not essential. 

Tc

« Reply #938 on: March 26, 2020, 11:55:01 AM »

Well said Jay. I dont think it's a necessity either  But the problem is THEY DO!!  They have an overinflated sense of their own importance.  They are hiding behind "keeping up morale"  when the truth is without media exposure some of these poor needy celebs would wither and die !!

Sparrow

« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »

I have never had much time for celebrities.  Nothing to do with the real world at all.  That's why I can't bear all those celebrity TV show like Strictly.  Who are they all anyway, I've near heard of half of them.

Perinowpost

« Reply #940 on: March 26, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »

I think there may be something in that Tc. Jeremy Vine discussing it right now on radio 2. What I remember about daughter/families illness is just as they thought they'd got over it, it had a second wind and came back again. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it has been around longer than we know x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #941 on: March 26, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »

It is essential in keeping people connected.  For those who don't like day time TV, get into the fresh air?  I think most presenters are collected by Company cars.

Any news from jillydoll over night  :-\

we have threads about TV programmes and strictly  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #942 on: March 26, 2020, 01:19:27 PM »

What I hate most about it is the way society has changed who they want to emulate. It used to be people who've achieved something - war heroes, explorers etc. Now it's (usually) people who look good with a big gob, no talent and dubious morals. I think I've got old.  :(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #943 on: March 26, 2020, 02:32:59 PM »

Hi everyone. Update on OH.

Had to ring 111 again as he's really poorly.
Couldn't get in touch with anyone there, was in a queue, but they didn't say how many in front of us, so we rang 999.
Told the man what was going on, he asked if he could speak to my OH, so I took phone into him. He asked him a number of questions on how he was feeling!
OH told him he had a temperature of 39, (which has gone  back up) he was sweating profusely, really bad headache, no taste, no smell, bad aches all over body, with pains too.
He asked if he had any breathing difficulties, OH said no, but felt almost 'stuffed up?, but since the fan was on in the bedroom, it was a bit better. ....what he didn't tell him was, he was shaking, couldn't even put his glass down without quivering, and seemed as if he wasn't all there, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the bloke said, You don't need an ambulance, you don't need to go to hospital. Carry on with the paracetamol.
So it seems, as long as you have NO breathing difficulties, you manage at home. Full stop!
I've NEVER seen him so poorly. And we've been together 36 years.  Yes, he's had flu before, but not like this. I'm giving him electrolytes, and plenty to drink. He told me, he's having nightmares when he sleeps, and really vivid dreams, and when he closes his eyes all he sees is flashing lights.

The doctor on Radio Two today said, You don't always get a cough with Corona virus.
But everyone thinks you do. So please be aware, Most people do, but some don't. Just like my OH.
Xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #944 on: March 26, 2020, 02:53:31 PM »

I may ring em tomorrow.
They havnt even rang to ask how he is. Which I'm really p@**ed about!
After all the over time he's done for them too, when they've had no staff! 😡
Mind you, it shouldn't surprise me, should it?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 179