Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192218 times)

ElkWarning

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #990 on: March 27, 2020, 02:54:44 PM »

Hey JD, so glad he's able to see the funny side a bit.  Hopefully, it'll all pass soon.  Must be shocking though.  I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

I go to my allotment, it's round the corner and up the hill from my home.  I count it as my one exercise a day.

As for food, I think I must be in an extremely fortunate position.  We have Hello Fresh and have done for some time.  I don't know how long that will continue.  I've been very grateful every Monday when the box turns up with 4 x dinners in it.

I panicked way before everyone else, like early / mid February.  Shops were full then.  My daughter (in London, has a back garden) thought I was a bit mental sending her loads of grow-bags and seeds.  It's funny, in a weird way, my anxiety went into overdrive ... but yeah, as someone who went through a military coup in Nigeria, has lived in Israel under bombing and somehow got caught up in the Bosnian War, it's amazing how useful PTSD can actually be.

Sparrow

« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2020, 03:05:23 PM »

So pleased things are improving JD.  It's wonderful that you have had some positive help from your GP and nurses.

Don't neglected yourself though.

Cazikins

« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »

That's fantastic news JD, so glad you got the G.P. on board - see ladies their not all bad... ;D
Hopefully he'll start to improve soon & then you'll have to play nursie  :D

Cazi xx

littleminnie

« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2020, 04:04:17 PM »

How does he know I have a nurses outfit......ask yourself THAT Jill  ;D ;D ;D

I thought you'd got rid of that outfit Jaypo!   it's far too short for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2020, 04:05:27 PM »

Hi Diane - we have a dog breed thread too  ::)

:rofl:  littleminnie ....... now where did U C jaypo in that outfit  ???

Taz2

« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2020, 04:12:12 PM »

My GP was very good with calling back when I needed some advice.

I hope everyone who is unwell starts to improve very soon. Kidney infections can cause delirium which is frightening.
I'm walking my dog everyday but driving a short distance to get to a very quiet place. My daughter has picked up the dog to take with her on her walk. The dog is in seventh heaven. We can't walk together as she doesn't live with us so that's not allowed.
Stay well everyone.

Hi Diane. Welcome! Just to say that driving to a space to exercise is no longer allowed sadly. Are you allowed to walk with your daughter under the 'no gatherings allowed for more than two people' rule?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Sparrow

« Reply #996 on: March 27, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »

Chris Whitty also now self isolating.  There will be no one left soon.

CLKD

« Reply #997 on: March 27, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »

Who is Chris Witty ?  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #998 on: March 27, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »

Hi all

Hope you are all keeping well
I haven't felt 100% all week and suspected a urine infection so tried hard to flush out myself but today called gp to see if I can have ABs (I do suffer with these infections and often will get ABs from phone consults) anyway this gp wanted a sample so went through the rigmarole of taking one down there.  Never heard from her again so logged onto my notes and see I have leukocytes +++ and blood and have been prescribed ABs so phoned pharmacy who confirmed my script is waiting for me to collect

I just hope I haven't left it too late and it's gone to kidney as I'm experiencing slight aches on my back now :-(

Keep safe x

Taz2

« Reply #999 on: March 27, 2020, 05:32:40 PM »

That's great news. Thank you. So many more interesting walks to drive to than just on the door step although it is far better to restrict movement I think to try to stop the spread.

Taz x

Sparrow

« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »

Who is Chris Witty ?  :-\

The Chief Medical Officer.  He's been on TV a lot.

CLKD

« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2020, 05:59:36 PM »

Oh not him in the video which supposedly updates us daily ?

Annie - that sample MUST be sent to a Lab for testing.  These results from a dip stick test are usual.  It eons't necessarily mean an infection.

However, with the weekend approaching and knowing that for me ABs did ease symptoms of urine infections, plus pain relief, get them down you.  Do make sure that you don't have vaginal atrophy which mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well ;-). I would sit on the loo with a glass of sparkling water and a cuppa and pee .... it was the place I could be the most comfy  :foryou:

Annie0710

« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »

Oh not him in the video which supposedly updates us daily ?

Annie - that sample MUST be sent to a Lab for testing.  These results from a dip stick test are usual.  It eons't necessarily mean an infection.

However, with the weekend approaching and knowing that for me ABs did ease symptoms of urine infections, plus pain relief, get them down you.  Do make sure that you don't have vaginal atrophy which mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well ;-). I would sit on the loo with a glass of sparkling water and a cuppa and pee .... it was the place I could be the most comfy  :foryou:

It says she's sent it for testing x

CLKD

« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »

Well done that GP so many don't!  Hopefully the ABs will kick in by morning !

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2020, 07:42:17 PM »

Hi.
Cazikins! Ive played nurse that much over the years , my stethoscope knows it's self where to go by now ! 🤣😂..i agree tho, that doc of ours was brilliant, good call she made. xx

Good news ladies. Looks like his fever has broken. His temperature is down to 36.8 now.
He had a very bad afternoon sweating profusely, everything was wet through. ( and I'd just changed the bed too this morning) 🤨  he was still having bad dreams, and talking blah.
But now, after he'd slept for hours, he's much better. He looks better too. it's amazing how illness makes us look so different. He needs a shave and brush up, so maybe tomorrow. Well we?ll see. But I think he's on the mend. God, this has been so bad.
Thank god! 🙏🏻 xx

Annie, hope your AB kick in soon. Take it easy. xx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 179