Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192321 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2640 on: November 05, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »

No, they're just friends whose kids go the same school. 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2641 on: November 05, 2020, 01:41:22 PM »

Tnx.  Shadyglade - my sister didn't name the company ........ but unless we have track and trace after testing, it's money down the drain? 

Interestingly - as another aside: 1 MotoGP racer has tested negative but his brother, with whom he lives as well as 1 mecahanic have positive tests: they live in Andorra so all have to isolate until 2 negative tests are returned  ::).  Every day is a learning curve?

jillydoll - I think many have decided not to 'obey' the rules.  I don't know when this next round of discussion/voting becomes Law in England/UK?

Blot

« Reply #2642 on: November 11, 2020, 10:30:19 PM »

It’s strange this lockdown #2. I’ve noticed that although a lot of shops are closed, people just seem to gravitate to the shops that are still open instead. I haven’t been into town yet but know that Savers, Wilkos, B & M, Poundland etc are still open for essential stuff? People just seem to be buzzing around as normal.

Talking of T&T. My mum was in contact with a family who all tested positive for covid. They gave my mum’s details but she never received a phone call from anyone and just isolated herself. The family in question, however, received multiple unnecessary phone calls from T&T despite telling them repeatedly that they had already had a positive result and were isolating. Sounds like a bloody shambles.

CLKD

« Reply #2643 on: November 12, 2020, 09:40:27 AM »

DH has the app, I don't have a modern enough 'phone. 

I can't understand people mooching around shops, it's 4 weeks of restrictions.  Someone was having a moan at me yesterday until I told him that we have 'electricity, fresh water and a GP Surgery, plus food'.  When we go shopping we know what is missing from the larder and buy accordingly, in and out as fast as possible. 

C.C.

« Reply #2644 on: November 12, 2020, 03:16:28 PM »

So what kind of lockdown is the UK in now or is it just major restrictions?  Are the schools still open? 

The numbers keep climbing here, at least 1000 new cases per day this week.  Starting Friday, Toronto will be moved to what they're calling the "Red Zone" and will no longer allow indoor dining, no gym classes, no wedding receptions, essential activities only like school, health care, and shopping for only household needs. Where I live, we're not at that phase but it may be coming soon.

Sparrow

« Reply #2645 on: November 12, 2020, 03:56:06 PM »

So what kind of lockdown is the UK in now or is it just major restrictions?  Are the schools still open? 

The numbers keep climbing here, at least 1000 new cases per day this week.  Starting Friday, Toronto will be moved to what they're calling the "Red Zone" and will no longer allow indoor dining, no gym classes, no wedding receptions, essential activities only like school, health care, and shopping for only household needs. Where I live, we're not at that phase but it may be coming soon.

Your 'Red Zone' is pretty much what we have in England now.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have different restrictions as they are devolved administrations.

CLKD

« Reply #2646 on: November 12, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »

Which IMO makes a complete mockery of lockdown anywhere!  Schools are open unless too many staff are in isolation but kids aren't allowed to play after-school or weekend sports.  Go figure. 

CLKD

« Reply #2647 on: December 07, 2020, 03:33:00 PM »

Pop star Rita Ora has apologised for a second breach of the UK's Covid-19 restrictions, after failing to self-isolate following a trip to Egypt.

The 30-year-old flew to Egypt for a private performance on 21 November. On her return the following day, she should have isolated for two weeks.

Instead, she threw a birthday party in London, which was itself in violation of lockdown rules.

The star apologised for the party last week, and offered to pay a fine.

CLKD

« Reply #2648 on: December 07, 2020, 05:13:29 PM »

Anyone in Harrods on Sat.?

CLKD

« Reply #2649 on: December 08, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »

So we are all told to stay within our tiers, what ever they might be.  Not to travel unless 'necessary'  :-\

A visit by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Wales has been questioned by a minister who said he would "rather no one was having unnecessary visits" as Covid-19 cases continue to rise.

Prince William and Catherine are on a UK tour to talk to care home staff, teachers, pupils and volunteers to hear their challenges during the pandemic.

The royals arrive with Covid rates in Wales among the UK's highest.

Wales' health minister hopes the visit is not used as an "excuse" for people.

"I'd rather no one was having unnecessary visits," said Vaughan Gething.

Go figure.

CLKD

« Reply #2650 on: December 08, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »

Northamptonshire market square bollards yarn-bombed for Christmas BBC local news - worth a look-C  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #2651 on: December 12, 2020, 04:35:40 PM »

Thousands of people have driven to Birmingham's Indian consulate to show support for farmers in India protesting about agricultural reforms.

Despite the city being under tier three rules, people from across England have been taking part a week after a similar gathering in London.

The National Sikh Police Association UK advised people not to attend. [wonder how many there in the Association?]

Arjan Singh, from Manchester, said people wanted to show the Indian government the reforms were unfair.

So if anyone stops me en route anywhere  :bang: :bang: :bang: it shows that the Tier system ain't working ? or .........

sheila99

« Reply #2652 on: December 12, 2020, 05:31:23 PM »

So the Indian government will be shaking in their boots because there's been a protest in London. I do agree with the reason for it though. The rot set in long ago, BLM protests during lockdown, raves they turned a blind eye too etc. Expect lockdown 3 in January. I will be severely p*ssed off if we get it when we're so close to getting vaccinated. Why can't behave for few more months?

Sparrow

« Reply #2653 on: December 12, 2020, 06:27:06 PM »

Very interesting BMJ article about asymptomatic transmission.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4695

CLKD

« Reply #2654 on: December 13, 2020, 10:12:04 AM »

I could have understood it had the Asian community got together against the Tier system etc..  Not correct for any reasons currently, 1 can see how the virus continues to spread  :-\ and numbers are so behind actuality that they become useless.  Where I live three towns in the area have never been below 1 apart from a few occasional variants but never all at the same time.  I keep well away from the towns  :-\

What I must do is start wiping the Council bins, steering wheels in the vehicles, car doors etc., I've been lax in recent weeks due to it being cold or raining hard  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179