Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192405 times)

Tc

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2055 on: June 02, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »

Yes. Ladies.  Meno warriors hit the shops
  :parti: :jiggy: :spin:

Tc

« Reply #2056 on: June 02, 2020, 11:26:25 AM »

:rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2057 on: June 02, 2020, 12:07:19 PM »

Disappointed.   Calm in Waitrose.  Gestapo obviously off duty today.  We shopped. Together.  Apart and I was done  long B4 Himself got into the store.  Sense of anticlimax  ;D

Some are wearing masks others not bothering, we continue to put 1 use gloves on which have to go into the Council landfill bin  >:(.  I would wash them but DH says 'no'  ::)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:29:56 PM by CLKD »

Jeepers

« Reply #2058 on: June 02, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »

I knew all those body combat classes would come in useful one day 🥊🤼

;D ;D

Jeepers xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2059 on: June 02, 2020, 03:34:47 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I think all we can do is look after ourselves during this pandemic. Selfish and inconsiderate people will always be a problem and on their own heads be it.

Clkd - Waitrose still asks that we shop alone if possible which makes you a rule breaker!

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #2060 on: June 02, 2020, 03:39:24 PM »

That doesn't work though.  We R alone.  1 list, 1 trolley - DH does his shopping I do ours - what if I were to be shopping for a neighbour or relative?  Can't see the difference.  It's the same space in the queue taken up?  We don't touch each other, anyone else, wear gloves and buy what is on the list.

A lady today was with her elderly Mum - an independent person who I've known for over 30 years who doesn't drive - what's her daughter to do: her own shopping which she takes home B4 picking up her Mum .........

They didn't meet in the aisle at all even went to a different check-out and of course, all the check out staff know us anywhere from years of shopping there   .........    but they weren't accosted by the Manager: if it's the only Rule that I break in my Lifetime I'll have done OK  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #2061 on: June 02, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »

Hello again ladies.

The aim is to reduce the number of people going into the store. Shopping alone or for others means fewer bodies in the shop making it safer for everyone.

Obviously there are exceptions, parents that have to take children with them for example but one shopper per household is the ideal.

Take care.

K.

Jeepers

« Reply #2062 on: June 02, 2020, 04:41:53 PM »

I do my mum's shopping for her when I do mine. She gives me a list, and I bring it over. ..she insists I get a separate till receipt too, hahaha

It's such a shame as I know she loves chatting to everyone and anyone, but fair play she has been very philosophical about the whole situation.

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #2063 on: June 02, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »

Are the UK numbers dropping yet  :-\

Jeepers

« Reply #2064 on: June 02, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »

I know what you mean jaypo... At one point I was doing three lots of shopping, me, my mum and my nephew, it was so so stressful.

My mum , like lots of elderly people, eats like a bird, so her few bits are easier.

Jeepers xx

Blot

« Reply #2065 on: June 03, 2020, 08:36:58 AM »

I do shopping for my neighbours and it's great fun using the zapper things in Sainsbury's  :o.   I really have to concentrate on who's shopping relates to which zapper and shopping bag lol.
Today's going to be fun queuing in the rain to get in.

Hurdity

« Reply #2066 on: June 03, 2020, 09:06:08 AM »

Are the UK numbers dropping yet  :-\

Which numbers? Confirmed cases? Daily deaths? Hospitalisations? Intensive care cases? Weekly deaths? The numbers of all sorts of different measures are available online and are updated and reported daily (at the daily briefing) and the ONS data are reported weekly.

In general numbers of deaths however you measure them do seem to be declining but very slowly. The number of positive confirmed cases again declining slowly ie not fast enough. Also they are not a very good indication of infection rate since there are different numbers of tests being carried out and in any case only reflect a fraction of the actual numbers infected.

I think we need more information about where people are being infected ie what sectors and geographical location so that people have a bit more of an idea.....

However ONS report that in the period up to 22 May there have been 62K excess deaths ( ie excess over the average for the last 5 years for the same time period), which is way more both than the confirmed number of hospitals + Care home deaths where positive tests carried out, and more than the total of these + where conid is mentioned on the death cert  ie suspected of contributing to the death.

62,000 is a shocking number. Govt should be ashamed.

Hurdity x

Tc

« Reply #2067 on: June 03, 2020, 12:31:05 PM »

Hiya,ladies. This is an interesting read

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-52840763?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15911870161680&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

It speaks to what we have discussed here. That testing only those with symptoms isnt good enough.  And that healthcare professionals should be re  tested on a regular basis. 
X

Blot

« Reply #2068 on: June 03, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »

We've all been offered the antibody test in the hospital where I work. Will be interesting to find out how many of us have actually had it without symptoms because out of a team of 20 only one has had it (confirmed by test) and there is very little social distancing going on.

Tc

« Reply #2069 on: June 03, 2020, 12:43:49 PM »

It will be interesting blot x
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 179