Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192456 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2040 on: June 01, 2020, 03:29:48 PM »

So your question was ..........  :D

Tc

« Reply #2041 on: June 01, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »

Thanks clkd. Shady.  :)  sorry  it was me being lazy . Think I need some fresh air  ::)

Jeepers

« Reply #2042 on: June 01, 2020, 04:54:44 PM »

So Jeepers stop sharing?  Does anyone really need to know?  Especially family  ::)

ppi - taxation? - it actually reads ppl - = people ;-)

The Police have powers to move people on ........ have had since the lockdown began.  State of Emergency Laws were implemented quite early on.    People aren't deliberately 'stopping' others ....... there are other times of day too.

Its not that simple CLKD... like when my younger sister wants to come and stay at my house, and I have to say no.  Or my Mum wants to come in the car with my youngest and me to visit my eldest.... you know the sort of thing... just so awkward to have to keep saying no, we are not allowed to do that. 

I don't comment about them though,  no point

Jeepers xx

Tc

« Reply #2043 on: June 01, 2020, 05:17:35 PM »

But they are stopping others CLKD.  That's just my point.. Why should a bunch of people with no social conscience dictate to the rest of us what time we can go to the park?  Or make it unsafe to go at all.   

Whats infuriating me is this isnt an underground train were talking about. It's a park where distancing between strangers is possible.  No one is being asked to give up or sacrifice anything big or to do anything difficult, just simply to respect other people so we can all enjoy the public spaces.  The "can't beat em join em"  mentality has already kicked in in my area. Those of us who want to see everyone in society able to use these spaces and prepared to do what's necessary for this to happen are outnumbered now and wasting our breaths.

Xx

Jeepers

« Reply #2044 on: June 01, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »

I agree TC

It's just terrible that so many people are making it so difficult for those that are following the rules, for the benefit of all.

I list my cool in Sainsbury's last week, after watching a man pick up every piece of broccoli, inspect it, then reject it.

I said "excuse me you should not be doing that. Other people will be buying those and you've touched all of them"

To which he replied "but some of them have blemishes on the stalks"

Well, I just was so cross.  I said " I want to buy one of those for my 83 year old mother. What you are saying is that your need to have a blemish free stock of broccoli is more important than the health of everybody else?? "

I was so cross. I rarely do confrontation , but just couldn't contain myself any longer

I ended up getting the organic for my mum, as it was wrapped.

Jeepers.  Xx

Taz2

« Reply #2045 on: June 01, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »

Jeepers my son in law does all my shopping and he gets veg pre packed for me.I plunge every bit of shopping in hot soapy water. People can be so inconsiderate.

Yes we wash/spray as much of our home delivery shopping as we can too. Fruit and veg should always be washed anyway. Any non perishables are put into the garage for a few days and we're not even shielding. I'm paranoid I think! The important thing is to always wash your hands as often as possible so even if you do touch an infected item you won't pass it on. I dream about disinfecting door handles and light switches  ;D

Taz x

Jeepers

« Reply #2046 on: June 01, 2020, 08:18:38 PM »

Hi Teresa

I do try to get packaged , but it's not always available. I wipe everything down, for my mum as well as myself.

I know what you mean taz, I get up extra early every day and wipe all the doors, cupboard handles, chair backs, light switches, kettle p, toaster, microwave! Tv buttons etc... i have a system now, so I don't miss anything!

I should think my mum washes her veg before she cooks, but I still worry about her,

Jeepers xx

Sparrow

« Reply #2047 on: June 01, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »

The virus won't survive cooking Jeepers.

Tc

« Reply #2048 on: June 01, 2020, 08:41:37 PM »

Jeeps.  I dont blame you at all.  I've given up. I've been laughed at, told to "chill out love"  and sworn at. . If it's an accident when someone gets  too close or forgets and you cant move from them and you  say "excuse me you're too close"  they  say "sorry". And move away.  Not threaten to  "punch you in the effing mouth".  Like a woman did to me in sainsburys 2 weeks ago. 😮  it's just not worth the aggro and you cant reason with the unreasonable.

Most people I know who have been shielding are not going to take the risk and as much as it angers me  and ive been venting my spleen today I will have to accept it too.  That I will have no choice but avoid places where I cant keep myself safe as much as i possibly can.and leave those to the covidiots.    It's all any of us can do.  Stay safe ladies.

. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #2049 on: June 01, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »

We shouldn't have to justify ourselves. "Which bit of 'no' don't you get? End of." 

Tc - if the Park is large, what's the problem  :-\.  We don't all have to go out at the same time and people are not deliberately stopping others ........  I've walked through parks all the way through lockdown during my hourly allowed exercise, we wave and keep a distance.   This week one needs to accept that it's busy and go elsewhere  - at least we have choice about being out and about a little longer each day. 

I'm still deciding which household I would like to meet up with .......  ::)

Washing greens in soapy water, well that's any goodness gone then  ::).  Cold salted water would be far better and how do you stop it going off ?  any moisture leaves it open to other germs.

Buying frozen of course is equally as good as fresh as it is treated really fast so that any vitamins remain. Or tinned foods .......... both can be stored for years. 

Tc

« Reply #2050 on: June 01, 2020, 10:00:39 PM »

Rant away jaypo. I've been doing it all day  :)  sorry ladies. Good job I wasnt with you in tesco,  I get threatened with a punch in the gob in the canned goods aisle!!!  Mind you I didnt tell you the end of that which was I was so utterly angry I said "come on then try it".  Not proud of it.   She didnt.  Good job.  I reckon a bunch of fives in the kisser might  spread germs.

Oh Teresa. Sorry you've got all that noise to contend with. Especially at 4.am. it's the last thing you need.

I too was wondering  how vedge tastes after  being washed in soapy water  :)  🥕🥦🌶🥕🥦

Does freezing food kill the virus from the food and the packaging anyone know?

Xxx
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:06:45 PM by Tc »

CLKD

« Reply #2051 on: June 01, 2020, 10:34:05 PM »

Buying already frozen veg would negotiate that worry?

I don't think anyone actually knows how long and what this virus clings to.  I spoke to 3 people last week, all in the front line of research related to C-19 and none were certain.  So haven't written to Mum for weeks ;-).

Lots of sirens ?  well that would be normal until lockdown and we probably wouldn't notice  ::) and of course the media are making a lot of it.  It's planes in t he sky that I'm starting to notice  >:(

Tc - I'm on your side with that 1.  Of course CCTV is in most stores ;-) mayB U and I should approach the manager ?  I'm off to Watirose with Dh again this week  :whist:  shopping together.  Apart.

Tc

« Reply #2052 on: June 01, 2020, 11:33:36 PM »

CLKD  :)

more planes yes.  But police  helicopters every weekend for weeks have stopped this weekend.

Shopping together apart.  You need walkie talkies.  That would be such fun. .   I want to go shopping with someone apart with walkie talkies now.just to see people's reaction.  I realy want to.  Imagine it.
  "I've identified  the peas.  papa echo alpha Sierra .over"
 "roger that.  I'm approaching  deli. Stand by"
"Received"   
"all units It's a go go go on the humous."   
"12 rolls of andrex in custody over and out"

😂😂😂
Xx
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:40:34 PM by Tc »

Jeepers

« Reply #2053 on: June 02, 2020, 08:13:12 AM »

Ooh, me, me, can I come too???