Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 192459 times)

Blot

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1995 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:06 PM »

I agree that easing lockdown is necessary but just take it in small steps and get the rates down a bit more before introducing the next thing. I think it has a lot to do with the economy though and is this 6 people thing anything to do with DC and that shambles? A diversion?

They could have started the schools then if no adverse effects then start with the other stuff. But I'm no scientist and it's just my feeling.

Ju Ju

« Reply #1996 on: May 28, 2020, 07:13:44 PM »

Yes, I think it's a balance between health and the economy. Very difficult for any government to sort out. Sadly the message has been misunderstood if my elderly parents are anything to go by. They want to come and visit, and sit in the garden,  but this would mean coming into the house to go to the loo. They live an hour away. Neither of them could cope all that time without using the facilities! I'm shielding, so absolutely no. They can't see what the problem is. Now I'm feeling really mean.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1997 on: May 28, 2020, 07:32:19 PM »

Ju Ju - surely if they are healthy and your DH wipes everything that they touch if they need to come inside?  You can distance if the weather is nice in your garden and wait until he has completed his cleansing?  It will be easier if ever the anti-body test becomes available for us all.

CLKD

« Reply #1998 on: May 28, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »

That's good jaypo.  Have they been in touch during lockdown? Give him his own cleansers etc.?  We don't have visitors 2 stay ......... no one even pops in for a cuppa 'cos usually we ain't here  ::)

Annie - do your friends need to go to hospital or have they been advised to treat at home? 

Ju Ju

« Reply #1999 on: May 28, 2020, 09:31:04 PM »

It is difficult. I seem to have a good immune system, which could be due to teaching early years for years.  I have had only 3 minor respiratory infections in the last 5 years, but  2 of which resulted in hospitalisation. This virus is vicious. I'm not prepared to take any chances. No immunity. If I get it, it should not be because I've been careless. (And to be honest, it's been rather a relief not to be traveling back and forth to my parents. We talk on the phone every day. And I source stuff they can't get, thanks to companies like amazon.) I'm glad there is no expectation for you to go back until July, Teresa. At least I don't work as I'm retired and have a pension, so don't have to worry about money.

Jeepers

« Reply #2000 on: May 29, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »

My bf is a dentist, and has decided to take retirement (he sold his practice last year, but stayed on as an associate).  He has attended the seminars from the BDA about cross infection and covid, and it sounds as if its going to be a total nightmare to implement.

The BBC recently put up a "how risky is your occupation" and dental nurses and dentists came out as number 1 & 2  :o

The thing is most of the work done causes lots of aerosols, and so everything will potentially be contaminated.  The measures they are putting in place sound impossible.  I for one wont be going to the dentist unless its a life threatening emergency! Ad I'm glad ,my bf is not going back if I'm honest

Jeeper xx

CLKD

« Reply #2001 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:33 AM »

Ju Ju - I keep saying 'every cloud' as Mum's place remains in lock down  ;)

We have a porta potty if we were to visit anyone ........ however.

CLKD

« Reply #2002 on: May 29, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »

Oh do tell the Tooth Fairy ;-)

Two hoots

« Reply #2003 on: May 29, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »

So the total lockdown in Wales has been lifted, i can now travel 5 miles  :'( another three weeks before any more change  >:(

Jeepers

« Reply #2004 on: May 29, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »

what happens if you cross over into England?  Is it like crossing into Mexico? They can't touch you, but you become a fugitive and can never return??

Jeepers

« Reply #2005 on: May 29, 2020, 12:39:42 PM »

I'm sorry two hoots, that was really flippant  :(

sheila99

« Reply #2006 on: May 29, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »

I wish they'd have a 5 mile rule in England too, at least that way there's less chance of people from high risk areas infecting clean areas.
Dentists can wear PPE to reduce the risk to them, the patient is unprotected. I'm another one who won't be going unless I'm in extreme pain. I'm due a blood test at the doctors but am putting that off too

Two hoots

« Reply #2007 on: May 29, 2020, 01:38:38 PM »

I'm sorry two hoots, that was really flippant  :(

Not at all, its something that people who live on Wales/England border ask all the time and I dont blame them. If you live in Wales but work in England, which rules do you use, we should have done things at the same time.

If hairdressers in England open before here there will be riots and bad language in this house  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kathleen

« Reply #2008 on: May 29, 2020, 04:50:35 PM »

Hello Sheila99

I recently had a blood test at my surgery and it was fine.  There is now a different entrance to the practice and everything is tightly controlled. I decided to wear a mask and gloves but I don't think I needed to. A nurse took my temperature and asked if I was living with someone who was self isolating. The blood test was fine and the nurse wore PPE.  My surgery are offering phone consultations as well but for those who need to visit in person everything seemed safe.

Hope this helps and take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #2009 on: May 29, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »

The Welsh don't want the English to cross the Border.  Whether that's to do with C-19 ......  :whist:  or historic.

Full PPE for dentists is extremely difficult to work in anyway.  I had a long chat with our Chap recently and he hates the restrictions of wearing it.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 179